Switching my mechanics of the jab to avoid elbow flare.

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
ibut despite that you had a competitive bout with a guy, who in your own view wasn't very good and he beat you up

No. You fabricated that in your head.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score

He also didn't want to move me up to intermediates at first. So he has been wrong before.
See maybe this is your problem. Your arrogance. If we can see it online. Your coach can certainly see it and if you’re not listening and going round saying your coach is wrong maybe that’s why you’re not improving and why you’re not ready to fight the top people. The coach is the boss he says your not ready sit down shut up and keep training. It’s his gym and his choice he doesn’t want you to fight them then you’re not fighting them

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
No. You fabricated that in your head.
Well no he didn’t because one post you’re saying the guy was dodging you and you couldn’t get off on him....next you’re saying you’re beating everyone with ease and have to go slower...quick tip. If you’re going to write stories remember what you’ve said in the previous chapters or you’ll make yourself look silly.

Me and jobo don’t agree on much but he’s right here

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's hard to say. I've only really been outpointed by strong fighters, so I have a hard time placing myself exactly. If the coach would have allowed me to spar his competitors I could have gotten a better picture about my potential. So that bummed me out.

I'm really curious why you think that you know more than competitors/trainers. Maybe trust in them and see what happens.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
They teach you distance according to the mod. Very cunning.
Took me a second to realize I'm "the mod". But yes, they teach you distance along with a couple other things I stated.

At this point you came here asking for advice, refusing all suggestions about advice because you know better, avoid actual discussion about technique, and acknowledged your dismissing your trainers. Can't really see a point in continuing this.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm really curious why you think that you know more than competitors/trainers. Maybe trust in them and see what happens.
Tbh I think he needs to fight pros to get taught a lesson in humility and to learn he’s not as good as he thinks

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Took me a second to realize I'm "the mod". But yes, they teach you distance along with a couple other things I stated.

At this point you came here asking for advice, refusing all suggestions about advice because you know better, avoid actual discussion about technique, and acknowledged your dismissing your trainers. Can't really see a point in continuing this.
Oh this guys sooooo good he’s revolutionised boxing by saying there’s no use hitting bags.....damm if only Ali, Frazier, Tyson, mayweather, Dempsey, Lewis, Joshua, fury knew all the secrets that he knows

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hmm interesting I just caught one of your other threads and your points didn’t add up.
In one thread you seem like you are still active in TKD and worried about your hips. But in the this thread you claim you DID TKD for 4 years insinuating you don’t do it anymore....which is it

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
So you think I stop and then jab just because I did it in the youtube clip? That would be even worse than a physical telegraph. So no I do not do that in sparring.

Would you be able to do a video with some movement?

So jabbing not from a static position.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Probably a misunderstanding of terms.

There are, after all, different forms of boxing. And writing about boxing online.

BoxingsManyForms.jpg

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score

What advice have I refused?

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Would you be able to do a video with some movement?

So jabbing not from a static position.

I don't have any cardio right now but here's a more dynamic jab.

I think the weight transfer is looking good.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I don't have any cardio right now but here's a more dynamic jab.

I think the weight transfer is looking good.

It looks like you are sending some power out through your elbow there. I'm can't tell for sure. I'm basing it on how your shirt sleeve pops up. Hard to tell from one jab, but thanks for the vid.

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
It looks like you are sending some power out through your elbow there. I'm can't tell for sure. I'm basing it on how your shirt sleeve pops up. Hard to tell from one jab, but thanks for the vid.

It's very fast and hard though. I think I'll keep it and when I want a linear one I will just throw it vertically with no corkscrew.

It also depends on what range I'm in.

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The problem I did sparring was that I jumped into jabs having bad habits from semi contact TMA, because our range was much longer.

I was told to learn forward with the jab in boxing and this makes it less telegraphed. It required a shorter fighting distance, which I am not used to.

It think it will work better now but only one way to find out.

Latest Discussions