Supes, Bats, Spidey and our comic heros

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I noticed a comic heros discussion happening in a thread that was off topic. So I figured why not make it a topic.

Favorite hero?
Favorite group of five?
Most underrated?
Worst/Lamest?
Why?

Aikikitty

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Batman, Robin and the other heroes in the Bat family are my favorite!!!

Robyn :asian:

Attachments

• $batmansmiley.jpg
    $batmansmiley.jpg
    588 bytes · Views: 174
OP
OULobo

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I like Batman, despite my marvel roots.
-So much style.

Best team? Juggarnaught, Spidey, Magneto, and Archangel (w/metal wings), Pheonix
-An brute unstoppable force, a master of all magnetic forces and metal (that covers just about everythng), an airborn horseman of the apacolypse (plus he's just cool), the most powerful force in the universe hidden in a very powerful telepath/telekinetic, oh yeah and the most agile webslinging mavel spokesman there is.

Most Underrated? Nightcrawler
-cool powers that never seem to be taken to potential.

Lamest? Cypher
-Okay, so you can read all languages. Ugh. . . right.

Honorable mentions:
Thor, crappy costume cool powers and story.
Shazam/Cap. Marvel, supposedly at least as powerful as Supes.
Taskmaster, I can do anything you can do.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was a Marvel fan, though from DC I did like the Legion.

I followed Hulk, X-Men, Spider-Man mostly, but also liked some of the lesser-known characters--Moon Knight, Captain Marvel, Adam Warlock, Havok.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Favorite hero? When I was a kid I had a lot of favs. All were Marvel characters. One of them was Shang Chi - Master of Kung-fu (out of print now:mad: ) And Iron Fist another MA comic hero outta print.

Spidey was one, The Vision was another. Then I got in to Sgt. Rock (DC) and war comics.

Now-a-days it's Batman (he fought several Predators and Aliens and won! How cool is that guy huh?) and Spidey.

Favorite group of five? The Avengers (but then they were sometimes more than five)

Most underrated? Swamp Thing! Ugly but oh so cool!

Worst/Lamest? Gambit. Why? I mean hey I can throw playing cards across the room too ya know?

Randy Strausbaugh

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Favorite hero: Nightwing
Favorite group of five: Lobo, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, Batman, Dr. Fate
Most underrated: Iron Fist
Lamest: Animal Man (can duplicate the abilities of any nearby animal. Cool if it's a tiger, sucks if it's a snail.)

K

Kroy

The Wonder Twins from the Legion Of Super Heroes were probably the lamest.

C

Cliarlaoch

I always liked the Batman, Supes (when I'm in a goodie-goodie mood), and Spidey.

Best group? Prolly the X-Men.

P

pknox

I've always loved Batman, as well as Green Arrow. They've always appealed to the Martial Artist in me. I was also a big fan of Shado, who appeared in some of the Green Arrow pieces and got a short storyline of her own. Aquaman is cool -- the new one has a bit of an edge to it, which is nice. Lastly, Thor, because I've always loved Norse mythology (I do agree with you though, OULobo -- the costume is in dire need of an update ;) ). If I had to pick one, it would have to be Batman. As for a team, I'd have to agree with the Avengers. Underrated? I'm not sure. Green Arrow has never really seemed to get his due, so I guess that's as good a choice as any. As for the lamest, I do agree with the Wonder Twins, but I'd have to say Supergirl -- never really saw the point of that one.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
I haven't collected comics for about 10 years now so my opinions might be dated.

Favorite Hero: Spidey or Nightcrawler. Spidey had cooler powers, but Nightcrawler had style.

Favorite group: Elementals. Come on, how many other Seattle-based super hero groups are out there? Plus, they were an independent comic, and they occaisionally killed people. That gave it a heck of an edge in my book.

Most under-rated: Pre-ninja Psylocke (Betsy Braddock). Ok, so you have a distance psycho-blaster who should be able to KO entire opposing teams at the speed of thought, but always seems to get taken out early so she can't. And the whole ninja-thing was/is stupid.

Lamest: Ok I agree with whoever said Cypher. Personally, I would love to have his power, but not if I was running around as a member of a super-hero group.

Lamont

Latest Discussions