Hair today...

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, after many many years, I finally went and got my hair hacked off a few days ago. I ended up donating my hair to 'Locks for Love', an organization that accepts hair to create hairpieces for children undergoing radiation treatment. I figured if it was gonna go, it may as well get some more use.

Now my instructors no longer have a handle to crank my neck with :)

Cthulhu

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That's a Great donation to a very worthy cause ~! I have a niece who when she was 17 had the most glorious golden curls down to her waist.. I swear it was the most beautiful hair I've ever seen, she had it cut totally off to give to a little girl (age 10) who had cancer.. It's the unselflessness of people today that makes my heart smile~! :)

Way to Go~!

Tess

Q

Quick Sand

I donated my hair to a similar charity when I cut it off for work. I was almost half way down my back and now I keep the back and sides buzzed with it just a bit longer on top. It makes my job way, WAY easier then if I still had the long hair. I didn't know if I'd like it at the time but I figured it was for a good cause too. :)

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
About two months ago my wife and I both donated our hair to Locks for Love. My wife donated twelve inches, and now wears her's in a cute little chin length french bob. I donated 10 inches and now have it short on the sides and back. I wanted to just shave it all the way, but my wife vetoed that.

It has been about 10 years since I last had short hair, and I forgot how easy short hair can be.

Lamont

PS: I completely understand about people using the ponytail as a handle. Actually I really hated my long hair when I was in BJJ, but I looked good.... :D

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
A few years ago one of my best friends (in Caving) had butt length hair and had done the same thing. Cut it short and then donated the locks to the same charity here in Salt Lake City.

To him and to all of you KUDOS! :asian: :asian: :asian: :asian: :asian:

Ender

Black Belt
Reaction score
Along the thread of giving....

the holidays are coming and there is nothing worse for a kid than being in the hospital at Christmas time.....sooo.... it's a good idea to donate toys and stuff to your local Childrens hospital to help them and their parents thru a tough time.

just my thoughts.

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hi Cthulhu,

Great cause and excellent gesture!!!

Keep your cut so I can take pictures at the Gathering in January.:D

Palusut

OP
Cthulhu

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Palusut
Hi Cthulhu,

Great cause and excellent gesture!!!

Keep your cut so I can take pictures at the Gathering in January.:D

Palusut

The date's been set?

Cthulhu

OP
Cthulhu

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It was getting kind of funky after about 5 weeks, so I got it cut again. Not used to regular hair cuts :)

Cthulhu

Latest Discussions