Superbowl 2015

OP
Transk53

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Training camp begins in July. The "pre-season' games start in early August (they are 4 practice games that do not count)
Regular season games start in early September and last sixteen weeks, with one week off for each team sometime during that span, which runs to late December. Then there's three weeks of Playoff games to determine who makes it to the big dance. (early Feb)
The NFL Players Union won't let the season get any longer, much to the owners chagrin.

The physicality of the game has a lot to do with it, yes. It's a nasty game with many injuries.

Yeah can imagine after hearing some of the injuries over the years. Guess alright if you are a big contract player, guess the money may compensate a career ending injury.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Yeah can imagine after hearing some of the injuries over the years. Guess alright if you are a big contract player, guess the money may compensate a career ending injury.

Not just career ending, many players end up with long term problems associated with the damage inflicted on their bodies.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never mind the Superbowl, the Six Nations Rugby has started...........:D:D

OP
Transk53

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not just career ending, many players end up with long term problems associated with the damage inflicted on their bodies.

Yeah, and some not so natural causes either. Will try to remember a documentary I saw once. I would not say doping, but a little helping hand with the recovery etc.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
My favorite player on the patriots is Nate Ebner. (most of my friends say, "Who?")
He's on Special Teams. Best pure tackler on the team, IMO. Because of Rugby.

Rugby is nuts. Even nuttier that fighting arts.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I think the Seahawks will win. The Patriots have a pretty good defense, but they're very, very weak against the run, particularly up the middle. If Lynch is successful up the middle, with 10 or more carries in the first half, the Pats run defense will melt in the second half. Trust me, it's not about how many yards Lynch has in the first half. It's how many carries he gets. I predict most of his yards will come in the second half.

Brady is the most innaccurate long ball passer in the league, and at 37 years old, his arm strength is worse than Manning's. We won't see anything from him over 20 yards. But, what we will see are a lot of dinky dunk passes over the middle to Gronk (the TE) and the slot receivers.

I predict at least one sudden and violent interaction between Gronk and Kam Chancellor, as well as a lot of hard hits from the Seahawks defense.

I've been a Seahawks fan since I was 12 years old, and I am just so excited to see them doing well and playing for a second Lombardi trophy.

I'm also enjoying the side show which is deflategate. Watching the Pats fans circle the wagons to try and make sense of what was clearly cheating is comical to me.

I know nobody but us Pats fans gives a royal, flying F about deflategate anymore, but I gotta' tell ya, this is really starting to become a Monty Python movie. A really damn good one, too. :)

And one other thing.....as of this Sunday, only 29 weeks to go until NFL kickoff!
Where we will beat the Seahawks once again. If they get that far, that is.

Oh, God, I have absolute wood over this. :)

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
I would be surprised if they opened with the two playing against each other, the 'Hawks and Broncos didn't play until week 3 last year.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
They could set up a pre season game. Low stakes but the bel is always looking to boost ratings during pre season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I know nobody but us Pats fans gives a royal, flying F about deflategate anymore, but I gotta' tell ya, this is really starting to become a Monty Python movie. A really damn good one, too. :)

And one other thing.....as of this Sunday, only 29 weeks to go until NFL kickoff!
Where we will beat the Seahawks once again. If they get that far, that is.

Oh, God, I have absolute wood over this. :)
I don't care right now. Haven't thought about it in weeks. I'm content to let the investigation do its thing. I'm very interested in hearing the final report. I read the Incognito/Dolphins report and it was very thorough.

Latest Discussions