Superbowl 2015

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who do you lot think is going to clinch the title this year. Going on recent history, I would think that the Patriots may well be the favorites. Not sure about the Seahawks though.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
As a Seahawks fan I think it is a tossup, but then I thought that last year against the Broncos as well.
GO HAWKS! :D

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I think the Seahawks will win. The Patriots have a pretty good defense, but they're very, very weak against the run, particularly up the middle. If Lynch is successful up the middle, with 10 or more carries in the first half, the Pats run defense will melt in the second half. Trust me, it's not about how many yards Lynch has in the first half. It's how many carries he gets. I predict most of his yards will come in the second half.

Brady is the most innaccurate long ball passer in the league, and at 37 years old, his arm strength is worse than Manning's. We won't see anything from him over 20 yards. But, what we will see are a lot of dinky dunk passes over the middle to Gronk (the TE) and the slot receivers.

I predict at least one sudden and violent interaction between Gronk and Kam Chancellor, as well as a lot of hard hits from the Seahawks defense.

I've been a Seahawks fan since I was 12 years old, and I am just so excited to see them doing well and playing for a second Lombardi trophy.

I'm also enjoying the side show which is deflategate. Watching the Pats fans circle the wagons to try and make sense of what was clearly cheating is comical to me.

OP
Transk53

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I predict at least one sudden and violent interaction between Gronk and Kam Chancellor, as well as a lot of hard hits from the Seahawks defense.

Oh yeah. You reckon these two will get a bit tasty. Is this one of those rivalries with a grudge?

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
I don't think there is much of a rivalry, they don't play each other enough to warrant it. But beating the Patriots in 2012 was sort of the Seahawks first big win that started bringing this incarnation of the team to national attention.

If you mean between Kam and Gronk, it is simply Kams history of big hits and bringing the pain.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I don't think there is much of a rivalry, they don't play each other enough to warrant it. But beating the Patriots in 2012 was sort of the Seahawks first big win that started bringing this incarnation of the team to national attention.

If you mean between Kam and Gronk, it is simply Kams history of big hits and bringing the pain.
Yeah, it's really this. Kam is a big, physical safety who will be responsible for coming up to cover the run, and fall back to cover the TE. Gronk is a beast and he's got great hands. Because Brady can't throw the ball very far and he's not all that accurate anymore, he really likes to hit the giant tight end for 10 or 15 yards a pop. That could be a real problem for the Seahawks defense.

Honestly, i think Kam hits several people really hard and I pity those little slot receivers coming across the middle.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
The Seattle defense is really fun to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Transk53

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Seattle defense is really fun to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I do have an issue here Steve. If I watch the game, I would be due to arise at 05:00 my time for work. No one to cover me on a day off. So to watch the game, I would have to sleep all the day before the game at around midnight UK time. Would that be worth it for me? Like not a dull game? I would be due to start work at 06:30. No issue with that, but because of my limited knowledge, is the Superbowl 2015 worth it? Did not originally intend to put you on the spot, but needs must :)

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Yeah I do have an issue here Steve. If I watch the game, I would be due to arise at 05:00 my time for work. No one to cover me on a day off. So to watch the game, I would have to sleep all the day before the game at around midnight UK time. Would that be worth it for me? Like not a dull game? I would be due to start work at 06:30. No issue with that, but because of my limited knowledge, is the Superbowl 2015 worth it? Did not originally intend to put you on the spot, but needs must :)

This can be very hard to determine, to point at last year it was a meeting of the two clubs that had been rated #1 at the beginning of the season, it was a historically good offense against the best defense in the league, and it was expected to be a great game. Unfortunately it was a one sided massacre, pretty much over in the first half and definately over 15 seconds into the second half. Great if you were a 'Hawks fan, not so much for casual viewers.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I think Denver will win...
Ha! That made me choke on coffee! :)
Yeah, I can't tell you really. I expect a good game, but like last year, the Seahawks may just demolish the Patriots. Do you have a DVR? That's what I would recommend.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am hoping the Seahawks win but I think it will be a close game.
Anyone besides me notice that every time the Patriots have a big game coming up we start hearing how Brady has a cold, a bad shoulder, sore ribs, etc. Seems like the Patriots and Brady have to have some big drama before a big game thinking it will make the other team over think who is going to play and how. Or maybe it is just to change the line in Los Vegas.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
There is only one thing in the world I care about more than Martial Arts and there is only one thing I've followed more that Martial Arts, and that is NFL football.

I've been a Patriots fan since 1960, when they were born. My first job, when I was sixteen years old, was cleaning up after the Patriots game at Fenway Park, (they were the Boston Patriots then) where they played their home games because they didn't have a stadium. (if the Red Sox were in the post season the Pats game was moved to Harvard stadium at Harvard University.) My whole neighborhood worked there. We made a dollar, sixty cents an hour to pick up crap all over Fenway Park. But, as employees, they let us into the stadium with ten minutes to go in the third quarter, where we were let onto the field and stood along what would be the first base line in baseball. Heck, man, we would have payed them!

I'm going to stop right here, before I write seventeen pages of football talk. But I will leave you with this -

I hope the Pats win. And I hope when the Seahawks fly home....their plane skids off the end of the runway - and NOBODY is hurt. I hope when the National Transportation Safety Board investigates they determine that the tires on the landing gear were under-inflated and they blame us. And we will not give a F.

So there. :)

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
There is only one thing in the world I care about more than Martial Arts and there is only one thing I've followed more that Martial Arts, and that is NFL football.

I've been a Patriots fan since 1960, when they were born. My first job, when I was sixteen years old, was cleaning up after the Patriots game at Fenway Park, (they were the Boston Patriots then) where they played their home games because they didn't have a stadium. (if the Red Sox were in the post season the Pats game was moved to Harvard stadium at Harvard University.) My whole neighborhood worked there. We made a dollar, sixty cents an hour to pick up crap all over Fenway Park. But, as employees, they let us into the stadium with ten minutes to go in the third quarter, where we were let onto the field and stood along what would be the first base line in baseball. Heck, man, we would have payed them!

I'm going to stop right here, before I write seventeen pages of football talk. But I will leave you with this -

I hope the Pats win. And I hope when the Seahawks fly home....their plane skids off the end of the runway - and NOBODY is hurt. I hope when the National Transportation Safety Board investigates they determine that the tires on the landing gear were under-inflated and they blame us. And we will not give a F.

So there. :)
The Pats have had a great run, but it's a shame that they've handled their deflated balls so poorly. o_O

That they cheated is beyond question. They were pursuing a competitive advantage outside the rules of the game. But, ultimately, if they had copped to it, it would have been a small fine (probably $25k) and done. HOwever, they aren't doing that. The organization is lying about it and everyone knows it. Of course, the Pats faithful will deny it because they're fans. But, it's only wrong to blame them if they actually didn't do it. Reasonable people can clearly see that this isn't the case. So, playing the "hate us cause you ain't us" card doesn't wash. :)

It's not the crime that creates the scandal. It's the cover up, and the Patriots have put themselves in a very tenuous position.

There's plenty of stuff out there on the opportunity for the Pats to cheat, but here's a great article on the effect:

http://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/blog/2015/new-england-patriots-fumble-more-often-when-playing-for-other-teams

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
i mostly just watch the supper-bowl for the commercials :) and i dont know much about either teams but im sure it will be a good game

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I don't mind the commercials, but the half time show kind of annoys me. It's become this huge extravaganza that sort of takes away from the game for me.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The Pats have had a great run, but it's a shame that they've handled their deflated balls so poorly. o_O

That they cheated is beyond question. They were pursuing a competitive advantage outside the rules of the game. But, ultimately, if they had copped to it, it would have been a small fine (probably $25k) and done. HOwever, they aren't doing that. The organization is lying about it and everyone knows it. Of course, the Pats faithful will deny it because they're fans. But, it's only wrong to blame them if they actually didn't do it. Reasonable people can clearly see that this isn't the case. So, playing the "hate us cause you ain't us" card doesn't wash. :)

It's not the crime that creates the scandal. It's the cover up, and the Patriots have put themselves in a very tenuous position.

There's plenty of stuff out there on the opportunity for the Pats to cheat, but here's a great article on the effect:

http://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/blog/2015/new-england-patriots-fumble-more-often-when-playing-for-other-teams

I lieu of such interesting statistics, allow me to retort.

More than eighty percent of players who leave the New England Patriots do so disgruntled and downright so pissed off you could fry an egg on their head. Why? Because the Patriots are the cheapest, most financially cold blooded sports team that there ever was. It doesn't matter who you are, how much of your life and health has been impacted, how much blood you've left on the field, or how well you played. Kraft doesn't care. If he can save a buck, and I'm talking real chump change in the scope of NFL salaries, you, sir, are history. (and it's going to happen to Brady, too, but he knows that.)

So...with all the players that this has happened to over the years, all that have been back stabbed, you would think one of them, any of them, would come forward if there were any shenanigans going on. Yet, you do not hear a word other than "cheap, no good Mother Fr's". Not one word about any kind of cheating.

There's two things Belichick will not tolerate. Fumbling, and being late for practice.

On Nov. 16 the Patriots went to Indy to play the Colts. NFL unknown, running back Jonas Gray got the start. By game's end the Patriots had snapped the ball 74 times. Gray ran 37 times for 201 yards and four touchdowns in a 42-20 Patriots rout. He was named NFL Player of the Week and was the cover boy for Sports Illustrated the next day. Day after that his alarm clock malfunctioned, he was late for practice. He was screwed. Since that time, he's gained 80 yards, not playing in most of the games, and when he did, it was for about one minute.

The same thing happens when you fumble. You are shunned like a Quaker and won't play again for weeks, maybe a month or more. This has always happened and always will under Belichick. We've watched this for 15 years, it ain't about to change.

That's why those stats aren't surprising to me. They tell me that a player will perform better when he's on a great team under a great coach.... especially when he has so much playing time to lose. And when he leaves said team, he won't play as well with a weaker organization under a lesser coach.

It's kind of like fighting out of a great dojo.

Everyone says the Pats cheat. They jump up and down like puppies and yell Spygate! Spygate! But if you ask them what Spygate actually was, what the Pats were actually punished for.....they'll get it wrong. Every single time. Especially here in New England (I know, go figure)

But.....here's the bottom line. As much as it pains me....the Patriots have no chance of winning this Sunday. Not chance one.(I nearly puke when I say that, but alas, that's the way it is)

One other footnote. I think Roger Goodell is going to lose his job over this ball nonsense. You'll see.

OP
Transk53

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha! That made me choke on coffee! :)
Yeah, I can't tell you really. I expect a good game, but like last year, the Seahawks may just demolish the Patriots. Do you have a DVR? That's what I would recommend.

No unfortunately not, I may just able to get the next day off, well I'm hoping to swing it.

Latest Discussions