Strange or Different Names of People You have Met

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I started a new job today and two of the other newbies names were Dung and Dang. All day, trapped in a small room watching endless policy videos and listening to lectures, I decided, when Dang was born his parent's were quite impressed (Look at the size of that kid, DANG!) and Dung's sadly, were less than thrilled. I knew a pair of brother's when I was in the Army named Jon and Pete Battle.
What odd names have you come across in real life?
Not celebs, few can beat Ralph Lauren's real name...Lifschitz...
My dad swears he knew a guy named Schithouse, but, something makes me doubt that...

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I played music with a lady named Holly Wood.

The state of Maine that has a Senator Snowe in the senior seat on Capitol Hill

kaizasosei

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
in japan i received the calling card of someone called satani.

j

kaizasosei

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
in austria, assman is quite a popular name..

sorry doubling....tried to erase and edit. but no can erase.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Heido Ho worked out of our Hong Kong office. There was also a Fanki Tong, which always made me think of the disco hit "Won't you take me to, Fanki Tong."

When I was in the Army I once saw a Private Seargant.

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Heido Ho worked out of our Hong Kong office. There was also a Fanki Tong, which always made me think of the disco hit "Won't you take me to, Fanki Tong."

I knew a PFC Major at Fort Lewis.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

As an army civilian at USMA I shared an office with Major Miner (unfortunately, not Major Minor).

At another school I had a student from S. America whose first name was Colonel.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Let's see... Rabbi Pastor was the rabbi at the synagogue my family attended when I was kid, and Rabbi Cantor taught religious school at the synagogue my family attended when I was in high school (for those who don't know, a cantor is the synagogue singer).

Kids I've met over the years in middle school: Philip Morris, Extassy Unique (can't remember her last name, sorry - that's her first and middle names), Dante (female) - more will come to me.

Kerry Michael Hoffman (named for an Irish saint, an archangel, and his Jewish father)

Lee Busch (2 different brand names in one - we went to high school together)

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I train with a guy whose last name is Fightmaster. It kind of puts a guy on the spot to have a name like that.
Sean

Doc_Jude

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
My dad has a Sgt. Major and a Major Sergeant in his first unit, & when he was in Boot, there were two other guys with last names Shirley and Kaye (our last name is Judy), & apparently "the three ladies" were "invited" to do a lot of pushups. My grandmother said she knew an Ima Hogg where she grew up back east.
I knew a girl named Krystal Ball in school.

thardey

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I went to school with James Bond. He went by Jim.

My wife knew a family with the last name of "Crapushets" (I'm not sure how it was spelled.)

ktaylor75

Orange Belt
Reaction score
When I was in the army, our First Sergeant had a blast with 2 privates in our company....Privates Dick and Ball. That was always good for a laugh :)

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oh man! How could I forget this one. I wrestled against a guy in high school who's name is Matt Burns.

pad256

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I once work with a guy named Dr Yubin Hung I don't know what the Dr was in but every time I'd see his name I'd bust out laughin

Paul

Doc_Jude

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm remembering them as the day goes on.

I knew these two hot twins when I was was younger, Tammy & Tanya Krueger. They had an Uncle Freddy...

I know a white kid named Bruce Lee.

I knew this old alcoholic Recon Corpsman named Brian Gin.

donna

Black Belt
Reaction score
When I was nursing there was Nurse Okill and we still have a local doctoer here, Dr Butcher. He was the only doc who did vasectomies here for a while.Is it any wonder I couldnt convince my hubby to get the snip!!!:eye-popping::eye-popping:

Steel Tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
I did athletics with a guy named Slobadan, usually shortened to Slob. But the really odd thing was his sister was named Slobadanka. The cruel things parents do to children.

Live True

Brown Belt
Reaction score
In high school, my principle (Mr. Dick) had a wife whose first name was Anita.....I would have kept my maiden name.

I've also known of a Dentist who's last name is Payne.....hmmmm.....that was well thought out!:roflmao: