Stop practicing kicks due to sickness (4 days), pant leg looser already?

zijin_cheng

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I got sick, so I have stop practicing my kicks (about 1/2 hour every day) for 4 days already.

My pant leg is already feeling loser, is that normal? Am I supposed to lose muscle mass that fast?

KydeX

Orange Belt
Reaction score
You're not losing muscle that fast. It's mostly water due to you probably not eating and drinking enough. It's because you're sick and it will come right back when you get well.

That being said, you will not build a lot of muscle mass at all by training kicks. You gotta do resistance/weight training for that.

OP
Z

zijin_cheng

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
You're not losing muscle that fast. It's mostly water due to you probably not eating and drinking enough. It's because you're sick and it will come right back when you get well.

That being said, you will not build a lot of muscle mass at all by training kicks. You gotta do resistance/weight training for that.

No what I was trying to say was I thought my kicking power had gone down due to losing muscle mass, I don't care about having sculpted legs, I just don't want to lose my kicking power due to no practice.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're not going to lose strength that fast. You just feelt weak because you're sick.

KydeX

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Like Dirty Dog says. My point still stands. Kicking power is mostly coming from technique and speed. Sure, strenght plays a part, but to become stronger as well you need to do strenght exercises. Kicking in thin air or even a bag will build minimum strenght. Even squats with no weights will give you mote strenght than just kicking.

If you turn this around, I can say that not practicing kicks while you're sick will not cause you to lose any significant strenght. The reason is because you are not really building any strenght.

When you get well you will see your performance will quickly return. Don't worry :)

Latest Discussions