Still looking for Maddie

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Four years ago I posted up about a four year old English girl Madelaine McCann who went missing from a holiday resort in Portugal where she was staying with ther parents, brother and sister. There were reported sightings of her from various places in the world.
Four years on and this month she will be eight, her parents have never stopped looking for her, never stopped sending out appeals, rasing money to pay for private detectives and for help in looking for her. Every day they have been somewhere looking for her so again I just want to remind people of this case and to see if anyone can help in any way. It may be a forlorn hope but you never know.
http://www.findmadeleine.com/about_us/index.html

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thank you for reminding us, Tez. In the press of everyday concerns and large scale world events, I ashamedly admit that I had forgotten all about this lovely little girls fate :(.

OP
Tez3

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are an international community here so it's worth reminding people I thought. The thing about Maddie is that she has a very distinctive eye, it can't be changed, the black of the pupil of her eye goes into the coloured iris part of it, unmistakable. I'm sure many people's thoughts and prayers are with the family.

Blade96

Senior Master
Reaction score
I read about her when she disappreared they blamed the parents.

I hope they find whoever did that. And find her too. Of course. :)

OP
Tez3

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read about her when she disappreared they blamed the parents.

I hope they find whoever did that. And find her too. Of course. :)

The Portugese police blamed a couple of other people too and seemed to have generally messed up all round. The McCanns have asked David Cameron for Scotland Yard to investigate properly.

Blade96

Senior Master
Reaction score
That is good.

I read some placed the mom under suspecision because she didn't mourn properly when she found her daughter missing? What the hell does that even mean??? People react differently to these things, there is no 'right way'

I hope they do get someone good in to investigate properly.

OP
Tez3

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is good.

I read some placed the mom under suspecision because she didn't mourn properly when she found her daughter missing? What the hell does that even mean??? People react differently to these things, there is no 'right way'

I hope they do get someone good in to investigate properly.

Four years on from this article there is still a lot of hatred for the parents. It's probably the class war at it's worst, the McCanns are middle class, reasonably well off middle class family.
Madelaines disappearance set off a very nasty 'copy cat' scam where a mother and her uncle/lover whatever, hid her daughter and tried to get money for a 'search' fund plus claim the reward. An MMA fighter mate of mine lives down the road from them, his daughter was one of the missing girls best friends, he had posters made, we put them everywhere we could. When the truth came out you can imagine how angry he and the others who had been searching for Shannon were. His daughter hadn't stop crying thinking her friend was dead. If the police hadn't got to the mother first there would have been a lynching.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kidnapping_of_Shannon_Matthews

Blade96

Senior Master
Reaction score
I understand why people would have wanted to do some more than just kick their asses with that one. Thats horrible.

Latest Discussions