Stealth...

Satt

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals. I am still pretty low on the totem pole so I was curious if later on in AN if you start learning about stealth indoors/outdoors. This might sound like a stupid question, but I would like to know people's experience with this. Thanx!!!

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
good question satt,

in rtms we study stealth higher up the line. there are nuggets taught but... not detailed till later. in toshindo i don't think its offered, but you can probably get it in the classical training.

OP
Satt

Satt

Black Belt
Reaction score
That's cool. I definately want to do the modern AND traditional stuff eventually. I have been practicing the earth element so much. I can't wait to really get into the meaty stuff you know.

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Satt said:
That's cool. I definately want to do the modern AND traditional stuff eventually. I have been practicing the earth element so much. I can't wait to really get into the meaty stuff you know.
well... the meaty stuff is all over the place. even in the earth. you will find that as you grow... you will continue to find value even in the little things you thought weren't effective to begin with.

peace

sojobow

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Satt said:
Hey guys and gals. I am still pretty low on the totem pole so I was curious if later on in AN if you start learning about stealth indoors/outdoors. This might sound like a stupid question, but I would like to know people's experience with this. Thanx!!!
actually, you start in day-one learning techniques in stealth and invisibility. Even when your training partner throws a right cross at your face, you should be using stealth in evasion and your own attack should include both stealth and invisibility. Both should be as much a part of what you do as is breathing. You're likely only thinking that stealth is something you practice outdoors sneaking up on someone (or something like that), but in some ninjitsu schools, every (literally) thing you do should have some element of stealth. From a quiet forward roll to walking from your car to the dojo. Just my own thought.

J

J. Lee

Add everything to stealth training
take FIVE MINUTES daily doing all things quietly.
ie.) lifting your coffe cup ... to closing the door ; ...

j lee

A

AnimEdge

Yep i agree that the best way to practice stealth...would be to practice stealth, walk quitly from your car to dojo, sneak up behind your cat roll stealthly that kinda stuff, in general the only thing i have or at lest seen taught in my school is stealth walking/stalking and most of that was taught indoors, most of the outdoor stealth is taught whenever we doing something outdoors, like a outdoor training day or seminar or "Ninja Camp"

S

*sic

J. Lee said:

j lee
nice.

sojobow

Purple Belt
Reaction score
J. Lee said:

j lee
Actually, I do practice passing open office doorways without being seen or heard by the occupants and have always challenged the animals in the neighborhood. I also practice being invisible to people. Sometimes, just being still works. That "become the tree" stuff works.

Latest Discussions