MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080403/ap_on_re_us/prisoners_early_release

I just read the article.

I like Carver's idea.

Manhattan Island.

And if anything should happen to the President of the United States landing on that island I elect Carver to go rescue the President because this was his idea. hehe. Carver has experience in scary places (I read the sub forum of how he survived the wrath of ladies in love with chocolates).

We also could make this prison like a reality tv show, because we need more of them.

Manhattan Island Survivor.

If the president goes down in there far as I'm concerned he can stay there. We can elect another one.
My escape from the LLR was .... well... lets just say not as bad as it may seem.

Seriously, that there are many who are repeat offenders and doing the revolving door on the prison system says something right there. Obviously hard time isn't hard enough to make guys motivated to STAY OUT.
Something isn't happening in the rehabilitation program... it's obviously not rehabilitative enough when crime definitely has a bigger pay off as long as you don't get caught. If you've enough connections (read: gang affiliation) you can get by prison fairly well. Of course that's toeing the line with both guards and fellow inmates. Nasty consequences when you don't "play-along" in or out of prison but that's neither here nor there at this point of discussion.
It's either more walls, more bars and more guards (to coin a phrase), or pay the costs of arrest and trials and incarcerating them again.
I would agree it's a stupid idea and another one needs to be considered.

Possibly another alternative is for repeat offenders to wear collars like from the movie Wedlock (1991) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103239/plotsummary where if separated from their unknown collar mate for more than 100 yards they go boom!

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Imprisonment is just another cash cow, another way to soak us all for money, plain and simple. Put all of the dope smokers into the prison, and then charge the taxpayers for the cost -- at a profit of course.

Its absolutely crazy. The US has more prisoners per capita now than anywhere in the world, does it not? I believe so. That's right -- some fat cats just do this to grab that money.

I wish that we could find some regular people to elect to office. Of course, you must be connected and rich ("bought and paid for") to run for office successfully.

If we could somehow manage, though, to get some good people in office, who would NOT be so easily bought off! But I fear if we wait until the electronic voting is established, that we will have waited too long. Its only those who COUNT the votes that matter, after all!

Latest Discussions