Starting a weapon class

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What would be the guidlines for someone to start training in weapons at yopur commercial school, just pay a fee or do they have to be ask to join the class by a BB or the head instructor?
Terry

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
When I ran a full time school and had a seperate weapons class, guidline was they showed up for it :) All classes where open to everyone, not many did only weapons, but some did.

trueaspirer

Green Belt
Reaction score
We had to pay a small fee, and then we could go to a special class that they had once a week for weapons training (mainly swords).

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, In our Kempo system...weapons training is part of the classes, for all levels. As you progress the training is more. We work with the bo staff,short stick,clubs(kali),knives,nunchukes, and the kama. We have done things with the short ropes too.

This is all a part of our training. I am suprise many schools do not work with weapons for learning and defensive training. ...Aloha

rmclain

Black Belt
Reaction score
Our system includes weapons training as a normal part of the curriculum, so no extra fees are charged.

I would probably offer a seperate class and fee for weapons training if I had to go somewhere else and learn it- then offer this "seperate class" (from the normal curriculum) for my students. Kinda of like what many TKD schools did in the 1990's with Krav Maga (take a weekend seminar, then offer this self-defense program for an extra fee at the school).

R. McLain

Latest Discussions