Star Trek

OP
J

JDenz

okay nowyou guys are getting really weird I think I am done on this thread.

OP
K

Kenpo Wolf

I think my favorite sci fi series of all time would have to be Star Gate followed closely by Babylon 5 and Space; Above and Beyond. Much like Firefly, Space; AaB was sadly put to death before it's time

As for as the movies are concerned, my favorites are Logan's Run, Blade Runner and Star Wars which is closely tied with Star Trek

OP
P

Pyros

Originally posted by Kenpo Wolf
I think my favorite sci fi series of all time would have to be Star Gate

I liked the concept of SG, because it was so similar to the original Trek series: in each episode they went to a new planet and met a new race and got into trouble with it, only escaping because of their withs, diplomacy skills and overall goodness. :D

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, chalk me up as a space station fan, of the Trek series DS9 was my favorite, and I loved Babylon 5. I think the reasons I liked these series was because they DIDN'T go out and find new species/plots every week, and have them neatly resolved by shows end, both of the "station" shows have continueing story arcs that evolve over time. I happen to like the darker future posed by DS9, rebellion, war, politics, back-biting, betrayel, religious factions, etc. it made it more compelling to me. I grew tired of the happy well-adjusted future shown in TNG. One of my favorite TNG shows was when Lt. Ro betrays the Federation and joins the Maquis. Anyway, both of the "station" shows have continueing story arcs that evolve over time.

I liked TNG, but found Voyager to be unwatchable, and I really haven't paid any attention to Enterprise except for the first couple of episodes.

Hmmm, other shows:
Firefly was.... odd, I never really got a feel for it.

I really like Farscape and SG, but Farscape is far more inventive. I can't believe it has been cancelled.

Space: Above and Beyond was excellent, and I loved how they ended it by killing of damn near everybody.

Yeah, I'm a sci-fi geek. :)

Lamont

OP
J

JDenz

bab 5 was my favorite of all time of the shows

OP
B

Bagatha

I think they are equal, they cant be compared in terms of firepower or who is hotter (Kirk was way more of a stud then Han)because they are set in 2 different timeframes (long ago, far away......vs the future of earth). And there are different aliens invoved. I think Star Wars aliens are uglier hands down, but how about this: If you had to actually live in one of those time frames assuming it was real, which life would you choose to live?? Wanna be a Jedi Knight and save the Empire from evil.... or Command an Intrepid class starship and explore the galaxy, make first contact, battle Romulans etc.

I would seriously LOVE to live on a federation ship. I think that would be So Sweeeet. Get Martial Arts training from hundreds of different races. Spank Cardasians. Eat anything you want and its all nutritous. And c'mon, the uniforms are WAY sexier then those drab cloaks LOL.

OP
J

JDenz

No way being a Jedi before the second movie or after the 6th movie would rock beyound rocking

OP
S

shadowdragon

I don't say which would beat which (in imaginary battle) but personally I like Star Trek more (not the original show and older movies so much though...).

Latest Discussions