Speak your mind

wimwag

Blue Belt
Reaction score
And that is what I am saying: I was highly disappointed in this "friend" who knowingly had me around such a person AND did not get my back when he started saying such things. Apparently his loyalty is stronger toward the racist than toward me, therefore I haven't spoken to him since the event.

You're a better man than me. I've put people on the ground for saying things like "sand ****er" to me on the first offense. And for repeatedly mocking my religion. I wasn't bashing Lutherans. Never have actually. People are still people, regardless of their beliefs and deserve respect. Those that choose to belittle others and constantly do it deserve to be thumped.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You're a better man than me. I've put people on the ground for saying things like "sand ****er" to me on the first offense. And for repeatedly mocking my religion. I wasn't bashing Lutherans. Never have actually. People are still people, regardless of their beliefs and deserve respect. Those that choose to belittle others and constantly do it deserve to be thumped.
You see if he goes out and thumps people, you now have some responsibility for the incident. :)

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh exactly, they are ALL responsible. After all, it isn't like any of them could even argue the "brainwash" defense that Patty Hearst used.

People are responsible for the choices they make, it doesn't matter what somebody else says you should do or convinces you to do. If you see an advertisement for a product and it makes the product look really good and so you go out and buy it and the product is not all its made out to be than its your fault for choosing to spend your money on it. You can't blame the company that made the add. In the same way, both Harold Camping and the late Fred Phelps have duped multitudes of people into following what they say and some people have even spent their life savings on these figures, particularly Harold Camping who duped lots of people twice in a row. And while I do think Camping is a douche, he does have the right to say what he believes, and if somebody is going to spend their life savings on him, that's their fault.

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score

If you mean that you've physically put them on the ground that can get you in big trouble. That is called assault and its against the law and not only in the criminal court, but in the civil court too you can be completely wiped out. In this day and age everybody is suing everyone else and if you knock somebody down because of something they say, no matter how messed up or racist it is, they can have a field day taking you to court and you can be sued out of everything you own.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If you mean that you've physically put them on the ground that can get you in big trouble. That is called assault and its against the law and not only in the criminal court, but in the civil court too you can be completely wiped out. In this day and age everybody is suing everyone else and if you knock somebody down because of something they say, no matter how messed up or racist it is, they can have a field day taking you to court and you can be sued out of everything you own.
Um... well, if I were to do that, I would add, "I felt my life was threatened" when the cops show up. :)

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Um... well, if I were to do that, I would add, "I felt my life was threatened" when the cops show up. :)
I think of the episode of south park where the kids are being taught to hunt. before shooting anything that is endangered, they're told to say, "it's coming right for us!"

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
That was one of the first episodes ever. Actually it may have been number one LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
The pilot was anal probe. Also a classic. The first season of that show was genius. I laughed so hard my sides hurt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score

The courts might not see it like that. And even if you get off with the criminal trial, the civil trial can wipe you out.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
The pilot was anal probe. Also a classic. The first season of that show was genius. I laughed so hard my sides hurt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yeah. I felt they lost momentum almost immediately. I didn't find SP funny again until they released the movie.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm sorry but you are mistaken. He didn't act on it. His followers did, and now he is in Jail forever. :) If your words insight other people to do violence, you are going to jail. If the people deem you too dangerous to be on the streets, you will be taken off that street. I don't care which country. LOL :)

Um, yes he did. He may not have been in on the Tate-LaBianca murders, but there was proof that he DID kill at least one person himself. I just don't remember all the details at the moment.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Um, yes he did. He may not have been in on the Tate-LaBianca murders, but there was proof that he DID kill at least one person himself. I just don't remember all the details at the moment.
Touche'; however, that little murder isn't why he is never getting out. :)

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In Britain if you are Irish, Scottish and Welsh you can speak your mind. If you are a non British national you can speak your mind. If you are English born, you have to shut the hell up because being English is offensive.

Dinkydoo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
In Britain if you are Irish, Scottish and Welsh you can speak your mind. If you are a non British national you can speak your mind. If you are English born, you have to shut the hell up because being English is offensive.

What a load of nonsense.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
What a load of nonsense.

For me (a white heterosexual male like me) what Transk53 said rings true. All three of traits mean I need to carefully censor myself before ANY words come out of my mouth. I mean, God forbid I ever complain about how poor I am. That seems to get an INCREDIBLE backlash in the wrong company.

Dinkydoo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
For me (a white heterosexual male like me) what Transk53 said rings true. All three of traits mean I need to carefully censor myself before ANY words come out of my mouth. I mean, God forbid I ever complain about how poor I am. That seems to get an INCREDIBLE backlash in the wrong company.

I can kind of understand that argument but living in the UK I don't think what Transk has said is true at all. If anything, nobody really gives a crap about what Scotland, Ireland and Wales think; they're all there to prop up the English economy - hence the strong feeling amongst a significant number of Scots right now that they'd be better off Independent.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
I can kind of understand that argument but living in the UK I don't think what Transk has said is true at all. If anything, nobody really gives a crap about what Scotland, Ireland and Wales think; they're all there to prop up the English economy - hence the strong feeling amongst a significant number of Scots right now that they'd be better off Independent.

I see. I wouldn't know anything about that. Not only have I never left the country, but I am not well-read on those issues.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a load of nonsense.

I'll remember that when we are allowed to celebrate St Georges day then, and without fear of being told to take down English flags from public buildings etc.. Propping up the English economy, think you will find it is a UK economy dude. Yeah, it centralized towards Westminster I will agree, but the Scottish independence runs deeper than just the economies. Hell, you are entitled to you're opinion, I do not disagree with that, but kind of understand the situation better!

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

That's odd. I'm a white heterosexual male living in the US, and I don't find it necessary to censor myself. At least, not with anything remotely resembling regularity.

Latest Discussions