sparing gear problems

TallAdam85

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
hello

Ok I just got some new foam feet gear today and after we spared in class i notices a few good sized rips. This is my 3rd set of feet gear in the last 2 and half months. Now I know they are ment to be used but I can't afford a new Pair every other week. I just am not sure How they get so beat up so quick and it is just my feet gear. Anyone know where I could get a good pair of feet gear from or what I should do. I also kick alot but I don't think that would cause them to mess up so quick please help me out

thanks

bdparsons

Black Belt
Reaction score
investing in a good set of leather gear. It can be a little expensive initially, but they last forever. I personally like the open-fingered hand gear for ease of grabbing. Most MA supply companies will carry various brands to choose from.

Hope this helps.

Respects,
Bill Parsons

K

kenpoevolution

Some great sparring gloves and boots are the Century Powerline C-Gear Boots and Gloves (www.centuryma.com). These boots and gloves are made of sofy vinyl and "Clarino Suede". They seem to be a lot stronger than my old foam dipped gear.

Kenpodoc

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Shoe goo works for quick easy repair. It's soft and flexible.

Personally I like the Century Powerline gear it doesn't look fancy but it holds up well.

Jeff

Damian Mavis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Those foam feet gear are not designed for full contact. Are you using them for full contact? Get the leather ones as someone suggested, they look similar to foam but dont break down.

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
I also endorse the century C-Gear kicks and the powerline Kicks. I went to those after destroying just about everything else available. For hand gear, I really like the Tiger Claw TC2000 Tiger's Claw.

tarabos

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score

Nightingale

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
well.... if you're stuck with the dipped foam... duct tape works wonders...

I'd suggest eventually investing in a good set of leather gear (very expensive, but breathes much better than the vinyl) or the sewn vinyl stuff. either one's better than the foam.

I

IsshinryuKarateGirl

I know that I have a pair of sewn vinyl from Century and they're my origional ones. I never have had to buy new sparring gear since I had gotten my first set of gear!

Latest Discussions