Soon to release my CD

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm working on a CD of my original music, Pay No Attention.... You can hear some short samples of it at R4H Music

It's a jazz/fusion mix with occasional rock, latin, and r&b influences.

All parts are done on six string electric bass, except for some keyboard parts for texture on a few songs and looped or sequenced drums

Check it out if that music is your style or your curious

Currently I'm re-recording some parts I don't care for and re-mixing the whole thing, but the samples are a good indication of my style and sound and technique

Thanks

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congrats Jay!

The six-string bass is a beautiful instrument. I really like hearing what you've done with it. I'm looking forward to a chance to hear the final product. :)

You mentioned you were remixing the CD...IMO your drum track is a bit hot (in terms of volume). Its overpowering a lot of subtleties of your instrument tracks. But...opnions are like noses...we all got 'em. ;)

Best of luck to you and congrats!!!

OP
F

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
The six-string bass is a beautiful instrument. I really like hearing what you've done with it. I'm looking forward to a chance to hear the final product. :)

Thanks. Not many are aware of the six string bass, nor how it can be used as a full instrument. My favorite musician in this regard is probably a jazz guy named John Patitucci.

You mentioned you were remixing the CD...IMO your drum track is a bit hot (in terms of volume). Its overpowering a lot of subtleties of your instrument tracks. But...opnions are like noses...we all got 'em. ;)

That's actually a very good point. I hadn't thought of it but I listened to them again with that in mind and realized U coud/should bring the drum level down which helped increase the clarity without losing energy. Thanks

Latest Discussions