Something strange on another forum

Kittan Bachika

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I was clicking onto another martial arts forum but got the following message.

I thought it had gone too easily...

The name of the forum is being withheld because I am unsure if posting it would be a breach of protocol here.

But if you know this forum, does anyone know what it is going on? None of their links work and that message is pretty creepy.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Dang. That doesn't look good.

They recently tried to upgrade to the new version of the forum software....we use the same here but we haven't upgraded yet.

Wonder if the upgrade corrupted the site, Bob almost lost MartialTalk in an upgrade snafu.

Guardian

Black Belt
Reaction score
I was clicking onto another martial arts forum but got the following message.

I thought it had gone too easily...

The name of the forum is being withheld because I am unsure if posting it would be a breach of protocol here.

But if you know this forum, does anyone know what it is going on? None of their links work and that message is pretty creepy.

Ok, not to be difficult here, but how can I know the forum you speak of if you withhold the name of the forum?

Aikikitty

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Yeah, the message came up for me too. I wouldn't be too worried because I think they recently posted bulletin messages about upgrading or servicing the site and there might be some problems. According to the message, I guess they did have problems. Hopefully it'll be back up soon. I prefer this forum anyway.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
FYI -- while we don't encourage promoting another forum (saying things like "hey, go look at..." without any actual discussion) it's OK to name them. There is a list of antagonistic sites, and they'll be blocked just like profanity.

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Moderator's note:

Thread moved to The Computer Room.

Ronald Shin
MT Supermoderator

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
MAP's in the middle of some server migrations and software updates. From what I've read, the upgrade to vB4 is a royal PITA.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Opal, Tames and Masurai... thanks for those last posts. It's always great to hear that this forum is your preferred one. Glad to have ya'll here. :asian:

Aikikitty

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Opal, Tames and Masurai... thanks for those last posts. It's always great to hear that this forum is your preferred one. Glad to have ya'll here. :asian:

That's because Bob, the staff, and the members here (I always think your posts are valuable, Letch) make this forum such a wonderful place to hang out. :asian: It would just be another site without all the great people we have here and all the hard work and dedication put into MT.

I should really say a big THANK YOU to all of you :asian: and an extra big THANKS to Bob and the staff!!! :asian: :asian: :asian: :asian: :asian:

Robyn

Latest Discussions