Some thing I thought I would show

Bujingodai

Black Belt
Reaction score
I enjoyed that even though I own it and have seen it a tonne of times.
It looked even better mixed with the music and edited.

Gee why does Nagato always get the big stick!!

bencole

Green Belt
Reaction score
Gee why does Nagato always get the big stick!!

Because he's the only one would can pick up the ****ing! thing! LOL! :)

Have you ever tried to pick one of those things up? Let alone *YIELD* it in a battle scenario?!?

Yikes!

-ben

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Because he's the only one would can pick up the $%#^#! thing! LOL! :)

Have you ever tried to pick one of those things up? Let alone *YIELD* it in a battle scenario?!?

Yikes!

-ben

I have Ben and it would be really hard to use unless you have sufficient body mass to move with it appropriately.
icon6.gif

Doc_Jude

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
It is heavy. George Ohashi dropped it on me during a demonstration, it knocked the air right out of me.
I really liked the way that nyoi-bo is used, stood up on one end and often simply walked around and then thrown or sometimes simply dropped on the opponent. It's a cool weapon, if limited.

bencole

Green Belt
Reaction score
It is heavy. George Ohashi dropped it on me during a demonstration, it knocked the air right out of me.
I really liked the way that nyoi-bo is used, stood up on one end and often simply walked around and then thrown or sometimes simply dropped on the opponent. It's a cool weapon, if limited.

I'll remember those hints the next time a car knocks over a utility pole just as some evildoers attack! LOL! :)

-ben

Kichigai-no-Okami

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Thanx for posting that. I've seen stills of this in one of Hatsumi-Soke's books, but to see that in action adds another dimention to this. Note: Nagato-sensei's gotta be strong as hell to lift that heavy-a** weapon! As Ben had said, I could't imagine using that in a fight, let alone a combat senario!

Thanx again, bro.

Vonbek

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Now i've got a doubt bout the name. Nyoi Bo is the name of the staff of the Monkey King, the bo has the ability to change it's size according to the will of its owner. So, is this the real name of this weapon?

Doc_Jude

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Now i've got a doubt bout the name. Nyoi Bo is the name of the staff of the Monkey King, the bo has the ability to change it's size according to the will of its owner. So, is this the real name of this weapon?

That's what Mr. Ohashi Jyoji called it, and he was the administrator of the Bujinkan Hombu Dojo at the time and he has a rather intimate knowledge of the goings on of the Bujinkan.

Or you could just Google it...
http://www.jigokudojo.com/nyoibo.htm

:D

Vonbek

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I googled and then came the doubt... Thank you for the article.

Latest Discussions