Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

LuzRD

Black Belt
Reaction score
thank you for sharing (i think i watch every video youve attached since ive been a member)
however this one will apparently only play on youtube "the onwer of this video does not allow video embedding please watch this on youtube" is the message.

whiteshadow711j

White Belt
Reaction score
I put these vids up,

I usually post at martial arts planet. I used to study with the Shinken Bujutsu in my past (now I am currently in the Bujinkan) when I lived in New Jersey. I started in 1992 with Sandro Panebianco when the school was a genbukan school (the school was known as the Genbukan shinken dojo). Sandro heads the New Jersey branch and Joe Svaral was the dojo-cho of the brooklyn ny and manhattan ny dojo's (only the brooklyn dojo remains in new york). In 1999 Joe Svaral (who was a 5th dan in the Genbukan) left the Genbukan and created the Shinken Bujutsu.

The Shinken Bujutsu has sparring, randori (free for all wrestling) and ground fighting (ala Brazilian Jiujutsu training) in their training curriculum, as well as kata and wazas from six ryuha of the takamatsuden arts and one other :) (gyokko, koto, shinden fudo, takagi yoshin, kukishinden, togakure, and asayama ichiden ryuha's) to keep the training very realistic in todays modern world. This group focuses on pressure testing the taijutsu of these ryuha and applying techniques on fully resisting opponents, hence the sparring and randori training.

my website is here, www.whiteshadowninjutsu.com
and on the 2nd page I explain a little about them. When i get up to NJ I try to train with my old group when I can, but it is few and far between since I moved to GA.

Important note-
The Shinken Bujutsu Dojo does not give out rank very easily. It takes on average from 7-10 years to attain a Shodan (1st degree blackbelt) in this school. Many martial art schools average from 4-5 years.

Also, those that study with the Shinken Bujutsu Dojo learn to perform techniques on fully resisting Uke's, not a willing Uke.

Doc_Jude

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Training with Wade. Good on ya! He definitely the best in A-town.

I can't believe he took a Mega Dan rank. I remember him shrugging off rank a while back. Still, tho, if anyone can represent, it's him.

Good luck in your training, man.

whiteshadow711j

White Belt
Reaction score
Training with Wade. Good on ya! He definitely the best in A-town.

I can't believe he took a Mega Dan rank. I remember him shrugging off rank a while back. Still, tho, if anyone can represent, it's him.

Good luck in your training, man.

Thanks, I love training with Wade, he is a great teacher, But I have to say I miss the groundfighting and the constant randori but it's still Budo Taijutsu :ultracool