Some of my videos on Youtube

OP
oaktree

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Well in the yin video he does lift his heel definitely not mud stepping and some will say mud stepping is a training tool others say it is a contemporary method of walking.
There was a video of taoist circle walking I believe from the longmen pai and chanting and the walking is a normal type of walk definitely not mud stepping. I am a big advocate for as close to natural as possible but I understand that different situations and terrains can alter how you step.

OP
oaktree

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I think the linear form I recall I did was the kun or trigram it was many years ago I found it to be less flowing and more like straight blasting more in line with Xingyiquan or karate if I had to compare

MyrddinEmrys

White Belt
Reaction score
From what I've read, I think Gao style has 64 short linear forms and 8 short forms for the circle (like single palm change, double palm change, etc.). There's other stuff too, like drills, linking forms, etc.

OP
oaktree

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
In gao style I learned the first two palms and I guess first kun or trigram and their method of circle walking I could not get much into it because the slide step was like the leg was kept straight and like slipping on a banana peel with the back angled very strange.
All I could think was if someone stepped like that with the leg straight I would just stomp on the knee. Or hook the leg or single leg pick up just seem not practical.

Latest Discussions