Some interesting photos from WWII England

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I couldn't see them. It said the server wasn't found.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I find photos like these very interesting to look at, thank you for posting them.

Have you ever seen the ghost photos of WW II? they are 2 photos put together; old and new. It is amazing to see what went on and what is going on in the same picture.

Jo Hedwig Teeuwisse's 'Ghosts Of War' World War 2 Photos (PICTURES)

And in some it is a bit creepy.

OP
O

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I find photos like these very interesting to look at, thank you for posting them.

Have you ever seen the ghost photos of WW II? they are 2 photos put together; old and new. It is amazing to see what went on and what is going on in the same picture.

What do you get when you mix a good photographer and an artist? Jo Hedwig Teeuwisse's 'Ghosts Of War' World War 2 Photos! Different times and styles, but I am reminded of Jerry Uelsmann?

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah maybe. I would like to see more efforts to CGI footage. The past is best forgotten, but not when some legacy points the way.

Paul_D

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for the link, my Nana was an spotter (like the lady next to the gun with the binoculars). For those who might not be aware, it was her job to identify which aircraft where our and which where enemy aircraft (hence the binoculars) so the guys operation the gun knew whether to shoot them down or not.

As a result of spending her time stood next to an anti aircraft gun, the damage to her hearing meant she wore hearing aids for the rest of her life. As you can see, no health and safety air protection in those days :)

Latest Discussions