So why didn't Daniel press charges?

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because that is Daniel's and Miyagi's version of the story.

Truth is....Miyagi was a member of the Yakuza and had Daniel pour water on the Cobra Kai and then lead them to his trap he had set for them.

Do you think it was just a coincidence that Miyagi was there?
I like that version. Now I want to see the deleted scenes.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Because that is Daniel's and Miyagi's version of the story.

Truth is....Miyagi was a member of the Yakuza and had Daniel pour water on the Cobra Kai and then lead them to his trap he had set for them.

Do you think it was just a coincidence that Miyagi was there?
That right there makes a ton of sense.

It’s like this huge rock that I used to drive by quite a bit. People would say it looks exactly like a Mohawk Indian. Two years later, I was driving by it at the right speed and with the right lighting. I finally saw it perfectly, and saw it clear as day every time afterwards.

Your post is that Mohawk Indian in the rock. I see it all so clearly now. Thank you.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
I like that version. Now I want to see the deleted scenes.

Rumor is a Green belt at the Cobra Kai named James Williams was gonna turn states evidence on Miyagi and his Yakuza ties. While waiting for the Federal Grand Jury, Williams was placed into Witness Protection under the name "Jimmy Willis" in Beechum County, Alabama. While working at the Sac-O-Suds, Williams was executed by two "youts". Daniel is suspected to have been involved in the homicide but due to his Mob Lawyer from the Gambino family he beat the charges.

Without Williams testimony, the federal grand jury indictment was unsucessful. Authorities believe that Miyagi and Daniel provide the connection of the Gambino Crime Family and the Japaneses Crime syndicate known as the Yakuza.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
More about the Williams/Willis hit...

Daniel and his friend was cleared because it was determined that they left before the hit.......

But wouldn't it make sense to send Daniel in to ID Williams/Willis before you send in your hitters?

wanderingstudent

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
The 1970's show about the diner waitress?

Yes. The back story was Alice and her son Tommy were on their way to CA, their car broke down in Arizona; and that is where they stayed.

Supposedly she was divorced, but who knows? Now the telling of Daniel's story might be a second attempt to get the truth out there.

Some times you have to stand back and take a look at the whole picture...

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Rumor is a Green belt at the Cobra Kai named James Williams was gonna turn states evidence on Miyagi and his Yakuza ties. While waiting for the Federal Grand Jury, Williams was placed into Witness Protection under the name "Jimmy Willis" in Beechum County, Alabama. While working at the Sac-O-Suds, Williams was executed by two "youts". Daniel is suspected to have been involved in the homicide but due to his Mob Lawyer from the Gambino family he beat the charges.

Without Williams testimony, the federal grand jury indictment was unsucessful. Authorities believe that Miyagi and Daniel provide the connection of the Gambino Crime Family and the Japaneses Crime syndicate known as the Yakuza.
Speaking about other Cobra Kai students, I wonder what Lamar from Revenge of the Nerds was doing there?

Karate Kid was released less than a month before Revenge of the Nerds. Lamar had to be up to something, I just don’t know exactly what.

Common sense would say he was toughening up for the anti-gay sentiment he’d receive at Adams College, but I think there’s more to it than that.

wanderingstudent

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
In all fairness, the storyline from the beginning of 1 until the end of 2 was about 10 months. 1 starts right around the beginning of school (september) and 2 starts right after prom (excluding the opening sequence). They were only in Okinawa for a week or so in 2.

So I don’t think it was enough time to convey all his knowledge.

And have fun with these stupid threads. They’ not meant to be taken seriously, although a few apparently haven’t gotten that memo judging from some responses here and the other one.

Interesting point, I never connected a timeline. Honestly, I wasn't into the movie. And, other than Scooby Doo, I watch movies or shows to be entertained; not think.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking about other Cobra Kai students, I wonder what Lamar from Revenge of the Nerds was doing there?

Karate Kid was released less than a month before Revenge of the Nerds. Lamar had to be up to something, I just don’t know exactly what.

Common sense would say he was toughening up for the anti-gay sentiment he’d receive at Adams College, but I think there’s more to it than that.
So, you're saying there may have been a Yakuza link to Adams College?

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I always wonder if Daphne, Velma, and Fred are aware of how much pot Shaggy and Scooby are smoking in that van.
I’m pretty sure they’re well aware. They’re just too caught up in solving the mysteries to worry about it.

Definitely explains how Scooby and Shaggy are always hungry, paranoid, and how much they eat and never gain weight though.

wanderingstudent

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I have to ask...what do you think about during scooby doo?

Mostly Daphne...

But on a whole, solving the mystery and after watching it multiple times; what I missed.

Oh, and then when a secret passage or door will open, it becomes a different shade.

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
so if you remember the cobra kai would ride around on motorcycles. there is meaning in this. in Cali in the 1980's motorcycles needed a "recreational vehicle" registration which these motorcycles did not have. a sticker was required like a licence plate and would have been attached to the rear and front fender, which none of the bikes had. it should be noted that as a recreational vehicle they are not allowed on public road ways and especially not allowed on public beaches and helmets are always required when on the motorcycle. there are scenes where the boys are not wearing helmets. this is pointing to the fact that Johnny was "connected" with law enforcement. thus the cobra kai was above the law. scenes where Johnny was talking to his "uncle" who was the local chief of police was cut from the final production.
@PhotonGuy i hopes this solves any moral dilemma you have about the movie.

ShortBridge

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Mostly Daphne...

But on a whole, solving the mystery and after watching it multiple times; what I missed.

Oh, and then when a secret passage or door will open, it becomes a different shade.

When I made my second pass at the Scooby franchise a few years ago, when my son was in that age group, we used to shout out "SUSPECT!" when we had a theory, then that was our guess for the episode. I have to say, that show really holds up and the modern "What's New Scooby Doo?" reboot was quite well done. The monster chase scene always had an early 80s punk rock sound track and my son started saying "pop, you've got to hear this song!" and most of the time I would say "we have that record."

Sort of like the alternate view of Karate Kid that we're bantering though, I always wondered where these "kids" parents were, where they got their money, why didn't they have anyplace else to be, and how did they drive the Mystery Machine to Nepal or France or wherever they were that week?

This might just be my favorite MT thread of all times, by the way.

Latest Discussions