So why didn't Daniel press charges?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is what the English government want you to think.

Many people want an English government, many people also want a Yorkshire government, the way we are going both may become a reality.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope.

I know Mary Poppins is fiction and the stuff she does would never work in real life.

and the same is true of the karate Kid franchise etc. They aren't designed to work they are designed to entertain people.

wanderingstudent

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
One take away from part 2 was even with his extensive knowledge, Miyagi only taught Daniel a portion.

Notice any similarities between the opening scene and the opening scenes from Alice?

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
One take away from part 2 was even with his extensive knowledge, Miyagi only taught Daniel a portion.
In all fairness, the storyline from the beginning of 1 until the end of 2 was about 10 months. 1 starts right around the beginning of school (september) and 2 starts right after prom (excluding the opening sequence). They were only in Okinawa for a week or so in 2.

So I don’t think it was enough time to convey all his knowledge.

And have fun with these stupid threads. They’ not meant to be taken seriously, although a few apparently haven’t gotten that memo judging from some responses here and the other one.

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
and the same is true of the karate Kid franchise etc. They aren't designed to work they are designed to entertain people.
But its supposed to be "realistic" fiction. Unlike Mary Poppins which is purely make believe, there is no way in real life that you will be able to open an umbrella and fly, the Karate Kid is supposed to be a story that could happen in real life, even though it didn't.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Daniel should've pressed both criminal and civil charges against the Cobra Kai when they chased him down after he soaked Johnny. They could've been charged not only with assault but also with attempted murder.
He was feeling let down by authority, didn't trust them. No way he was going to "the man" for help. It's only when the mysterious outsider approached that he found someone he could trust.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mr Miyagi also did 5-6 for running a chop shop and replacing VINs.

The "teaching karate" was just a front....he was actually recruiting him to boost cars for him.
They got closer to this truth in the remake. Of course, to avoid lawsuits they had to obscure the identities further.

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
He was feeling let down by authority, didn't trust them. No way he was going to "the man" for help. It's only when the mysterious outsider approached that he found someone he could trust.
So than Daniel and Miyagi could go to the authorities together. The thing is, I've never heard anybody question about why Daniel didn't press charges after the Cobra Kai beat him up at the fence but I've heard it said many times that Miyagi should've been charged for beating up the Cobra Kai. The fact of the matter is they attacked him first, Miyagi was defending himself. Also, I don't see how a court would side with the Cobra Kai when it was five big teenagers against an old man. Points that people keep missing.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
So than Daniel and Miyagi could go to the authorities together. The thing is, I've never heard anybody question about why Daniel didn't press charges after the Cobra Kai beat him up at the fence but I've heard it said many times that Miyagi should've been charged for beating up the Cobra Kai. The fact of the matter is they attacked him first, Miyagi was defending himself. Also, I don't see how a court would side with the Cobra Kai when it was five big teenagers against an old man. Points that people keep missing.

Because that is Daniel's and Miyagi's version of the story.

Truth is....Miyagi was a member of the Yakuza and had Daniel pour water on the Cobra Kai and then lead them to his trap he had set for them.

Do you think it was just a coincidence that Miyagi was there?