Assault Charge

OP
Transk53

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds to me like you did what you had to do and no more which is good. Praying it all works out for you.

Yeah it should do now. The allegation whatever it was, is now been directed to the super store. I may have to go to court though. The officer taking the statement (retired) is satisfied with my explanation and I showed the save CCTV footage. Should be all good :)

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah it should do now. The allegation whatever it was, is now been directed to the super store. I may have to go to court though. The officer taking the statement (retired) is satisfied with my explanation and I showed the save CCTV footage. Should be all good :)

If you go to court and you are on day off don't forget to put in for overtime :cool:

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't address the legal issues in the UK. I would suggest that you may want to discuss this with a lawyer of your own, not merely rely on the company's attorneys. In the end -- the attorney is going to be loyal to the person paying them -- and the company ain't you.

Very broadly speaking -- you did commit an assault and battery. You laid hands on the subject. Your argument is that you were justified, either by the intent to apprehend a criminal, or your desire to prevent an attack.

OP
Transk53

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't address the legal issues in the UK. I would suggest that you may want to discuss this with a lawyer of your own, not merely rely on the company's attorneys. In the end -- the attorney is going to be loyal to the person paying them -- and the company ain't you.

Very broadly speaking -- you did commit an assault and battery. You laid hands on the subject. Your argument is that you were justified, either by the intent to apprehend a criminal, or your desire to prevent an attack.

Yeah maybe, but my line tends to shift quite often :)