So. Cal International TKD Festival

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
We have gone to the event several times over the years, historically just to support our team mates but not compete due to injury. Last year was the first year that my daughter was healthy enough to compete in it although she did not do the individual portion, but just the team event which last year was the first time that they did the team event.

The CUTA Jr Girls finished first and the team collected $6000 in prize money. Of course the CUTA immediately took 1/2 for themselves. Then the coaches took half of what was left. Then the remaining $1500 was split between the 10 team members so each girl got $150 out of the $6000 total prize.

Since the majority of that first place winning CUTA team was comprised of girls that train at our school now, we are considering putting forward a Jr Girls team of our own this year. Hope to finalize the plan this evening.

Whether or not we are able to put together a team though, we will be there as it usually is a pretty cool event and the venue (outdoor horse show arena) is really a neat place for a competition.

OP
IcemanSK

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, I've got one student competing in poomsae & a bunch more going to cheer him on. So, after he competing (& takes 1st, of course) we'll have a whole day watching outstanding competition. (Including folks from Yong In University in Korea.)

I can't wait.

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Are you going both Saturday and Sunday?

We will be there both days. We did put together a Jr Girls Team. Sunday is not only the semis and finals for the team competition but the KKW demo team is performing as well.

Should be cool.

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Many people have asked my instructor to be on there Sr. Team but he declined this year due to a previous scheduled BB test being held those days. He said that next year he will have a team ready.

OP
IcemanSK

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm just there on Saturday. I only have a green belt (11 year old) competing in poomsae. Look for me mango.man. I'll be the guy in the black jacket with "Superkick Taekwondo" on the back. I'd like ti meet you!

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ha ha ha...Me and my instructor just looked at the team members list and see that they penciled him in as a team member even though he declined.

Senior Male Teams CUTA Team: Gilbert Martinez (fin/fly), Andrew Suh (bantam/feather), Saturday Bashir (light/welter) and Adrian Loreanzana (middle/heavy).

He is now getting tons of calls from others that asked him to be on their team wanting to know why he is fighting for CUTA when he told everyone that he cannot make it this year.

LUCY!!! you got som splain-in to do!

Ha ha ha... this is funny.

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm just there on Saturday. I only have a green belt (11 year old) competing in poomsae. Look for me mango.man. I'll be the guy in the black jacket with "Superkick Taekwondo" on the back. I'd like ti meet you!

I will look for you. I expect to be there Saturday AM. I have to work Sat PM so I won't be there in the afternoon. I will be one of the many in Team X attire.

Latest Discussions