Snippets of Combat Archery Training [Fun]

Christopher Adamchek

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Some clips from combat archery practice with my students after karate class. Targeting, finding cover, dodging projectiles, and thwarting an armed attacker. This was a really fun day.
Bow and arrows from Woarchery.

D

Deleted member 39746

Did i stumble upon some quasi paramilitary training? :p

Edit: Didn't realize this was what i know as archery tag until i just quickly googled it. I literally have only seen snippets of people just using bows didnt know it had other bits to it.

OP
Christopher Adamchek

Christopher Adamchek

Purple Belt
Reaction score
haha @Rat i should have added that as one of the tags - "archery tag"
Im really interested in this for the fun/realistic use of archery in urbanish settings

D

Deleted member 39746

haha @Rat i should have added that as one of the tags - "archery tag"
Im really interested in this for the fun/realistic use of archery in urbanish settings

The main issue i have is i dont use a bow often enough to easily put the arrow on the string in a fastish motion. (hell i even forgot what its called to do that) Drawing it at speed seems a issue but logically if we are talking full poundage for hunting, you might only have to quarter or half draw it to get desired effect at closer ranges.

The styles i have done dont merit themselves to fast dynamic shooting that well it appears. By no means i dont do it often nor am i trained past the literal basics of stance and how to draw it. So i don't appear like a expert on the subject when i just have a slight shallow experience in it. :p

Also @drop bear Say hello to my little friend!

Latest Discussions