Smoker Wins 8 Million, Possibly More To Come

JDenver

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I think we may have to agree to disagree on this. I've always felt that each of us controls our own life. Nothing is easy. It takes determination and lots of hard work. Look at a show like The Biggest Loser. You have people on that show, that're upwards of 500+lbs, the only exercies they're getting is sitting on their ***, with the remote in one hand and food in the other. Yet they decide to make a change in their life and they do it. Again, its not easy, but little in life is.

My father was a long time smoker. He got sick, had some fluid in his lungs, came close to dying, and quit. This was a guy that was a 2 pack a day smoker. And he quit cold. As I said, there're people and resources to help you, but if you dont want the help or take advantage of it and have zero will power, then no, you wont lose weight, or stop the addiction to food, cigs., drugs, etc.

Addiction can also be genetic. Some folks, commonly referred to as having 'addictive personalities', are wired for addiction. That's completely different than those who are lazy or lack willpower. It would be like suggesting someone with clinical depression should just buck up and be happier.

OP
M

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Addiction can also be genetic. Some folks, commonly referred to as having 'addictive personalities', are wired for addiction. That's completely different than those who are lazy or lack willpower. It would be like suggesting someone with clinical depression should just buck up and be happier.

Points taken. However, even someone who has clinical depression, still has options, no? I mean, there are doctors available for them to talk to, in hopes of maybe bringing them out of their depression. Of course, if those people dont take advantage of the docs, then I'd imagine they'd continue to live their life depressed.

Latest Discussions