SLT videos

Triangle

White Belt
Reaction score
Ild like to see some of the members here performing SLT on video, good to compare,

OP
simplewc101

simplewc101

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
you mean SLT form? or SLT drills and applications?

BTW if people could visit the actual youtube page so we get some more views on the vids that would be cool

wtxs

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Nice vid ... an good departure for some of the hard/power demo and fast like they're on speed. By chance you may TRY to work on the internal aspect at the same time?

poulperadieux

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I try, and I do.

I was injured this time and exhausted after a long trip and the 7 hours course I gave this day, so my legs are a little bit of, but I try hard to breathe to get this form as good as possible despite the pain.

poulperadieux

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I don't represent any lineage.
I work with a few guys, people from Wing Tsun at first, than a few wing chun teachers, one from Vinh Xuan, the last one witch encounter influenced the most my work was Kenneth Cheung, but again, I'm the representative of no one, my school is indépendant, and I don't feel the need to start any lineage, I give ideas to people I work with, and that's already enough.

The official Leung Sheun Lineage Siu lim tao is here.

Again, I don't represent this style, my form is the product of my encounters and my work with my students.

Last edited by a moderator:

Triangle

White Belt
Reaction score
Heres a Video of me doing SLT, Laugh away, FYI i have had badly broken left leg and arm, had 3 open head surgurys, Have double vision,
I usually Stand for a good 10 minutes before i start but this is just a rush job to get on clip,

Triangle

White Belt
Reaction score
]

will post better clip tomorrow, May as well do a good one,

bully

Purple Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice vid Eric, no matter how many differences there are between lineages you can pretty much always see the stuff in there that Ip Man kept.

I really enjoy watching the different versions of the forms.

Also it is amuses me how many WC guys think that these other versions are wrong, fortunately you don't see much of that on MT as most of us have respect for each other.

Lightningstrike

White Belt
Reaction score
here you go, small confined space so no opening arms preformed, comments welcom, cheers

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
here you go, small confined space so no opening arms preformed, comments welcom, cheers

That's the beauty of WC...you can do it pretty much anywhere, small space or not.
Your SNT is very similar to the one we do in our lineage, very minor differences.
If I may, what I would suggest is a bit more defining of the techniques, that is to say, make sure you complete each movement before beginning the next. Bring things a bit more into focus. It's obvious that you are training relaxation, which is good, but don't let your structure and precision suffer for it.
Also, the chambered arm. The way we do it is it should be pulled back high and tight pointing straight back, but not touching the side of the body. This is training for the idea of using both arms simultaneously, because even though you are performing movements with the other arm, the chambered arm is still working, not just hanging there.

I would say you are on the right track...keep at it, we need all the good chunners we can get.

Lightningstrike

White Belt
Reaction score
Thank you for your input, my left arm is broken so will not rotate back like my right arm, pulling my arms back to far causes unwanted tension, my re-setting of right leg for stance is done because of no ankle bones in there,(automobile accident)
yes i would agree defining the moves better would look better, im still working on perfecting the 2nd and 3rd section,
chu shong tin lingage, cheers

Last edited:

Lightningstrike

White Belt
Reaction score
without the total relaxation it is impossible to produce Nim Lik, you can tell from someones form if they have it or not....

and on a side note i never practice in front of a mirror,

Last edited:

Latest Discussions