SLT videos

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
Mook, no disrespect intended, if i may there is something that shows me you do not have Nim lik, Tei gong, and im not talking about your forms,
its the way you walk, to much movement from side to side, you havnt got a hold of your center of gravity, just my 2 cents,

Lightningstrike,
Ha ha, you spotted that.
It's true, the missus says I look like some kind of ape when I walk , which isn't very flattering I must say.
Could be from doing a lot of weight training when I was younger, I don't know.

One thing is for sure though , if they decide to make another Planet of The Apes movie I am definitely going to audition as an extra.

Eric_H

Black Belt
Reaction score
Thank you for the heads up, you are right they do need more work, much appreciated, you all mention about my structure, please explain what it is im doing wrong,
would be good to see one of you guys who havnt post a SNT vid yet to post one, Yak Sao, Mook jong man, it would be apreciated, cheers

ps Eric, H, funny you should mention Tai Chi, Chu Shong Tin Practiced Tai Chi before he took up Wing Chun....,
what are the similar actions you refer too,?

Chu Shong Tin practiced Fu Style Taiji, same as I do now. It was a big influence on how he approached his WC, as Fu Chen Sung was a BAMF.

bully

Purple Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only watched SLT so far but good work Mook. Nice to see you can put stuff up now mate without the balaclava:)

The only differences I saw to what I have been taught is the last third, and it's all stuff I have seen before. Kind of reassuring for us all really.

I knew you would be bloody good.

I walk like the hunchback of Notre Dame mate so don't feel bad:confused:

I'll watch the others later and give my expert opinion on them pmsl, am looking forward to it but got to go out now.

wtxs

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Mook, no disrespect intended, if i may there is something that shows me you do not have Nim lik, Tei gong, and im not talking about your forms, its the way you walk, to much movement from side to side, you havnt got a hold of your center of gravity, just my 2 cents, Lightningstrike,

OOOhhhh Boy ... here we go again ...

My my , eight full years under your shorts and you are gifted with more experience and knowledge of WC than every one on this forum. A little bit full of yourself aren't we? :BSmeter:

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ha ha, you spotted that.
It's true, the missus says I look like some kind of ape when I walk , which isn't very flattering I must say.
Could be from doing a lot of weight training when I was younger, I don't know.

One thing is for sure though , if they decide to make another Planet of The Apes movie I am definitely going to audition as an extra.

The next time your wife tells you that, grab her with those big monkey arms, pull her close to you and say to her:
" yes, and you are the gorilla my dreams"

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Mook, I enjoyed the videos. Like Bully, I also found what you do reassuringly "familiar". Even Biu Tze was mostly the same as what I learned from LT back in the early '80s. Since then LT made additional changes in Chum Kiu and Biu Tze but the core movements, sequence and quality of movement all remain essentially the same.

As to your simian gait, I prefer it to my own arthritic hobble ...due to old injuries and getting-on in years. I guess a kind person would call my stance and steps ...er, "idiosyncratic". Perhaps Lightingstrike will be one of those lucky guys who is not so burdened as he matures and can be an example to us all!

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
Mook, I enjoyed the videos. Like Bully, I also found what you do reassuringly "familiar". Even Biu Tze was mostly the same as what I learned from LT back in the early '80s. Since then LT made additional changes in Chum Kiu and Biu Tze but the core movements, sequence and quality of movement all remain essentially the same.

As to your simian gait, I prefer it to my own arthritic hobble ...due to old injuries and getting-on in years. I guess a kind person would call my stance and steps ...er, "idiosyncratic". Perhaps Lightingstrike will be one of those lucky guys who is not so burdened as he matures and can be an example to us all!

I'm not too far behind you there buddy , both my knees sound like they've got crushed glass in them some mornings.

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
Only watched SLT so far but good work Mook. Nice to see you can put stuff up now mate without the balaclava:)

The only differences I saw to what I have been taught is the last third, and it's all stuff I have seen before. Kind of reassuring for us all really.

I knew you would be bloody good.

I walk like the hunchback of Notre Dame mate so don't feel bad:confused:

I'll watch the others later and give my expert opinion on them pmsl, am looking forward to it but got to go out now.

Thanks for the accolades mate , hope you enjoyed it.
But it's all relative you know , some of my seniors make me look like a real pleb.

Latest Discussions