Slapping...?

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Slapping someone on the side of the head using your full body twisting with the slap can be very effected!

How many of you are taught to use this? Most people are unware about how effected this can be? .....untill you use it for a striking technique...you will find this a great weapon that can be added. You can knock-out someone out with this.

Do you practice this slapping technique? and how do you do it?

Never unestimate this technique when done right...............Aloha

SAVAGE

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Open hand slap to the ears.....or just a ***** slap to stun...any strike thrown in the correct manner is effective!

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
SAVAGE said:
Open hand slap to the ears.....or just a ***** slap to stun...any strike thrown in the correct manner is effective!
Actually a properly performed slap to a Cop's titanium breast plate won't be all that effective unless you were trying to go to prison. In the future please use Arineo Hall's politicaly correct version and say "pimp slap". Its no better than your first term but the stars are not allowed on Martial Talk.
Sean

G

Gary Crawford

I do what is called a "rotation drill" where you rotate your body and your arms losely swing with your hands striking a focus pad. The more relaxed you are,the harder the srike. I wouldn't want to be hit with it.

SAVAGE

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Touch Of Death said:
Actually a properly performed slap to a Cop's titanium breast plate won't be all that effective unless you were trying to go to prison. In the future please use Arineo Hall's politicaly correct version and say "pimp slap". Its no better than your first term but the stars are not allowed on Martial Talk.
Sean

Sorry! I will bear it in mind....I can imagine slapping Titaniun is rarely effective..I only slap faces!

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
practice it but will not allow lower ranked students to do it.

i used to do a breaking techniqu by haveing a student blance a 1 inch concret slab (patio block) on their open palm while I slaped it with my fingers then I would explain to the watchers that this was why you never slaped a child in the face

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
SAVAGE said:
Sorry! I will bear it in mind....I can imagine slapping Titaniun is rarely effective..I only slap faces!
But the inside of the thigh is just a target begging for a slap.
Sean

Fletcher

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Black Belt magazine had an article about the "combat slap" in the January 2005 issue. The man interviewed for the article claims to have KO'd over 80 people with it while he was working as a doorman and it is his favorite technique because there is less chance of hurting your hand with a slap and slapping someone is less likely to get you sued because the other person is usually really embarrased about getting KO'd by a simple slap.

samurai69

Blue Belt
Reaction score
two or three clips of power slapping

go to videos, scroll down and you have john skillen demonstarating power slap to head and dave turton also demonstarting the slap

very effective when done correctly

Tony

Black Belt
Reaction score
We learn this technique in my style where you slightly cup your hand and slap someone's ear. This can actually perforate someones eardrum. Very Deadly!

silatman

Blue Belt
Reaction score
We are encouraged to slap whenever possible as it stops broken hands and you can hit harder and faster as the body is more relaxed.
Any tensed muscle will result in a slower application and you are also less likely to be able to change the direction of the blow if the muscles are tensed.
Any body part is vunerable to a slap, dont focus on any one in particular.
Any more than about 3 inputs on the body within 1 - 2 seconds causes the brain to become unresponsive for a brief time allowing for either escape or a finishing blow, slaps are an excellent weapon for this.

MartialIntent

Black Belt
Reaction score
I've attended several non-Martial-Art-specific self-defense seminars that commonly highly recommend slapping as a viable striking technique for a number of reasons:
  • It's instinctive and immediate
  • There's less threat of damage to your hand [which I think many of us who otherwise do not have sufficiently conditioned knuckles disregard]
  • It lessens the risk of infection through cut knuckles against your attacker's bacteria-ridden mouth... ugh.
The slap techniques I have been taught use both hip rotation and a whipping motion of the arm. Again, the aim is to impact just underneath the ear though I have witnessed practitioners [amongst others: Systema, and PT-Kali as link below] target anywhere on the opponent's face, including the ear itself or the side of the neck.

Here's a sweet example [don't blink it's quick!]
http://www.pekiti-tirsia.net/SlapDemo2000.php?lang=en&soundsParam=&file=SlapDemo2000

Respects!

OP
S

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, It is great to see many of you do use and have this slapping as a part of your training....it shows it can be an effective part of the martial training.....thank-you for sharing.........Aloha

Cujo

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I just got back from training that included alot of "open hand stuns", were not supposed to call it slapping in police work.:rolleyes:
Pax
Cujo

Latest Discussions