Skynet Becomes Self Aware

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It's only a matter of time.
Hide ya kids, hide ya wife! According to the Terminator franchise, at 8:11 PM today (April 19th), the military-designed artificial intelligence system called Skynet will become self-aware and turn against its creators (read: us). If that doesn’t have you shaking in your boots…our world will be overwhelmed by a legion of killer robots in approximately 48 hours - a time known as Judgment Day. I, for one, welcome our new robot overloads. Check out the video below if you doubt the existential risk posed by this android Armageddon. Watch Skynet exhaust the world’s nuclear stockpiles to the sounds of sweet symphonies.
http://singularityhub.com/2011/04/19/skynet-becomes-aware-launches-nuclear-attack-on-humanity/

Darksoul

Black Belt
Reaction score
-That was amusing. The Judgement Day video, without the voice over of the one True Saviour, John Conner, left me mildly hopeless and considering the possibility of robot overlords as a possible future. Although, if they put us into camps for orderly disposal, with the machines running night and day, probably won't have to worry about it anyways.

-Personally, I like Terminator 3; a lot of people hated it but I liked where it went with the story line. I wish the 4th movie had taken place a bit after Judgement Day, showing John Conner getting the resitance together, and then having the actual 4th movie (Salvation) be the next in line as number 5, with number 6 being the destruction of the Skynet.

-I still rather fight zombies. Slow, lazy, free loving, hippy like, zombies. lol

Andrew

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The original judgement day was August 29th in 1997. After the destruction of Cyberdyne It became july 25th, 2004, and that is the date used by the remainder of the film franchise.

The April 19th, 2011 date was made up for the TV show, which negated the last two movies, and rewrote/ignored a lot of the timelines from the first two movies.

Blade96

Senior Master
Reaction score
you do know why they chose august 29 as the date for judgement day in T2, right?

Its a reference to the cold war and the day when the russians detonated their first atomic bomb.