A Very Sad Day for Dr. Who Fans

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-13137674

Odd itsn't it how someone you never met in the real world can be so 'close' to you when they have portrayed a beloved fictional character?

Sarah Jane was always 'my' Companion, just as Jon Pertwee was 'my' Doctor and I am deeply saddened, more than I can say, by her untimely passing.

picture.php

OP
Sukerkin

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A comment left by a poster on the BBC web-site that says very well what I feel:

"The universe has to move forward. Pain and loss, they define us as much as happiness or love. Whether it's a world, or a relationship... Everything has its time. And everything ends. " Sara Jane (Lis Sladen) Smith [Doctor Who(new) Season 2 Ep 3] Rest In Peace, you may have been the doctor's best friend but you are forever 'our' Sarah Jane

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Farewell, another reminder of youth gone.

(she looks familiar, but I can't really place her...I might have watched it, back then...)

yorkshirelad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-13137674

Odd itsn't it how someone you never met in the real world can be so 'close' to you when they have portrayed a beloved fictional character?

Sarah Jane was always 'my' Companion, just as Jon Pertwee was 'my' Doctor and I am deeply saddened, more than I can say, by her untimely passing.

picture.php

I felt the same way when Inspector Morse died. Soon afterward, John Thaw died and the loss was felt again. I was gutted when Jon Pertwee died. Of course I remember him as Wurzel Gummige.

Latest Discussions