SIXTY largest Charitable Contributions of 2007

5-0 Kenpo

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I would be interested in seeing what the political leanings of these people are.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I hope those universities are going to use that cash for medical research! All that and did any POOR people get help?
Imagine the combined total used to help the underprivileged, homeless, children needing food, shelter, clothing, school, smart kids from the inner-cities that could benefit with a full scholarship to a fine university... and on and on.
Notice that one of the highest priced universities in the country got a good chunk of change... Princeton.
To me most of the donations were a waste.
I dunno, guess maybe when I get that kind of money I'll probably see different.

NOT!

5-0 Kenpo

Master of Arts
Reaction score

I just think it would be interesting to see how those who give the most / more to charity see themselves politically. Each side (conservative / liberal is my interest) says they give more than the other. I would like to know what the actual stuation is.

I don't necessarily think that is why this thread was originally posted, but then again, there was no stated purpose. If no one is interested, so be it.

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Soros is WAY left and contributed accordingly. Most of the others I hadn't heard of.

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
It's interesting that the highest amount was 4 billion from a dead person. Which makes me wonder, why is the most charitable person in America a dead person? For that matter, why I am surprised that's only 4 billion? Sure that's alot to anyone on this site, but the richest man in the world is worth like 60 billion! 4 is nothing compared to what that guy has. Then again I'm a socailist, so what do I know?

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
See now I would've thought that Paris Hilton not releasing another album in 2007 would've qualified as a rather large charitable contribution... :idunno:

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
See now I would've thought that Paris Hilton not releasing another album in 2007 would've qualified as a rather large charitable contribution... :idunno:
It does, but, since that gift is priceless, the list couldn't include it.

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
am I the only one that noticed two columns? One for amount pledged and one for amount paid? I guess its due to the proximity to the end of the year and perhaps due to records not being updated, but all the paid columns are blank. Looking at previous years though, it seems some of those pledges are not fully paid out.

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
am I the only one that noticed two columns? One for amount pledged and one for amount paid? I guess its due to the proximity to the end of the year and perhaps due to records not being updated, but all the paid columns are blank. Looking at previous years though, it seems some of those pledges are not fully paid out.
Oops! I missed that too. Kinda like Ted Turner pledging a BILLION dollars to the UN and then reneging...

Latest Discussions