10 Most Wanted Corrupt Politicians 2007

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
From Judicial Watch:

(Washington, DC) – Judicial Watch, the public interest group that investigates and prosecutes government corruption, today released its 2007 list of Washington’s “Ten Most Wanted Corrupt Politicians.” The list, in alphabetical order, includes:
1. Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-NY): In addition to her long and sordid ethics record, Senator Hillary Clinton took a lot of heat in 2007 – and rightly so – for blocking the release her official White House records. Many suspect these records contain a treasure trove of information related to her role in a number of serious Clinton-era scandals. Moreover, in March 2007, Judicial Watch filed an ethics complaint against Senator Clinton for filing false financial disclosure forms with the U.S. Senate (again). And Hillary’s top campaign contributor, Norman Hsu, was exposed as a felon and a fugitive from justice in 2007. Hsu pleaded guilt to one count of grand theft for defrauding investors as part of a multi-million dollar Ponzi scheme.

2. Rep. John Conyers (D-MI): Conyers reportedly repeatedly violated the law and House ethics rules, forcing his staff to serve as his personal servants, babysitters, valets and campaign workers while on the government payroll. While the House Ethics Committee investigated these allegations in 2006, and substantiated a number of the accusations against Conyers, the committee blamed the staff and required additional administrative record-keeping and employee training. Judicial Watch obtained documentation in 2007 from a former Conyers staffer that sheds new light on the activities and conduct on the part of the Michigan congressman, which appear to be at a minimum inappropriate and likely unlawful. Judicial Watch called on the Attorney General in 2007 to investigate the matter.

FULL ARTICLE

I thought it interesting that several Presidential candidates are on this list: Clinton, Obama and Huckabee.

Go on. Give it a good read. :D

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What do you expect they are politician by the way, so they are corrupt.
Right on the money, Terry. I think the list would be more of a suprise if they listed the ten least wanted politicians. The list is split pretty much 50/50 so that ought to tell you they're all doing something or other. Sometimes I really wish we had an absolute democracy. Every bill gets a full vote from the citizens without having to deal with the congress at all.

Steel Tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
Right on the money, Terry. I think the list would be more of a suprise if they listed the ten least wanted politicians. The list is split pretty much 50/50 so that ought to tell you they're all doing something or other. Sometimes I really wish we had an absolute democracy. Every bill gets a full vote from the citizens without having to deal with the congress at all.

But just imagine how much time would be devoted to politics. Nothing would get done. And even in Athens thet had to force people to attend the assembly and they delegated decisive power to individuals.

Our problem, however, stems from the fact that our various governments are based on the Roman Republican model (itself an oligarchic system) which seems to be inherently corrupt.

I agree it would be interesting to see a list of those politicians that were thought to be least corrupt. I'm sure even America must have ten honest politicians :D.

SageGhost83

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I'm sure even America must have ten honest politicians :D.

I dunno - you'd have to look really hard to find ten honest authority figures, let alone politicians, in America :lol:. Your views are right on the money, though. Sadly, the corruption has and still does run rampantly through our system.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We don't have corrupt polititians here, all our Members of Parliament take in those anonymous donations, claim those large allowances for their realtives who 'work' for them,go on those visits abroad, get 'free' holdiays etc for our good not theirs. How could we possibly imagine they enjoy that luxurious lifestyle and perks? Poor things they are sooo misunderstood.

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
I thought Larry Craig was an odd choice to put on that list. All the others had problems with improper use of funds, he's on there because he did an impression of George Michael in an airport bathroom. Which I suppose could be considered an ethics problem, but it isn't what I think of when I hear "corrupt politician".

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought Larry Craig was an odd choice to put on that list. All the others had problems with improper use of funds, he's on there because he did an impression of George Michael in an airport bathroom. Which I suppose could be considered an ethics problem, but it isn't what I think of when I hear "corrupt politician".

I think he is corrupt as he expected to get away with a crime because of his position and refused then to resign, corruption is more than than just to do with money, anything that is not moral is corrupt in my opinion.

ChadWarner

Green Belt
Reaction score
The laws are set up to help politicians scam. It has been that way for a very long time. Term limits would be a step in the right direction however, it will never pass the house or the senate.

The Last Legionary

All warfare is based on deception.<br><b>nemo malu
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If we put all the criminal politicians up against a wall and shot them, we wouldn't have any left.

Bullets I mean. We would have to buy more.

Latest Discussions