Site Updated 7-5-08

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Does anyone know, is there any way we can rotate the jpg images in our albums?

I've got a few nice pics that for some reason show up on their side. I can rotate them on my desktop, but when I upload them to my album, they're back in their original misrotated orientation. I'd like to rotate them so that they're right side up, but it doesn't seem possible... ?

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Does anyone know, is there any way we can rotate the jpg images in our albums?

I've got a few nice pics that for some reason show up on their side. I can rotate them on my desktop, but when I upload them to my album, they're back in their original misrotated orientation. I'd like to rotate them so that they're right side up, but it doesn't seem possible... ?

Once you have rotated them you did save them like that before uploading?

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Once you have rotated them you did save them like that before uploading?

Yah, I did... that's the weird part. I was sure they'd be correctly oriented when they uploaded, but they're not. I'm baffled....

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yah, I did... that's the weird part. I was sure they'd be correctly oriented when they uploaded, but they're not. I'm baffled....

What program are you using to rotate them? And after you save them, if you view them again locally what way are they facing?

A lot of image viewers will rotate the view of an image without actually rotating the image. Just turning it sideways on the screen, but not actually altering the image.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No way to do any manipulation yet with the gallery software that I know of. Might be an add-in option I'll look into.

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What program are you using to rotate them? And after you save them, if you view them again locally what way are they facing?

A lot of image viewers will rotate the view of an image without actually rotating the image. Just turning it sideways on the screen, but not actually altering the image.

That's what I suspect is happening.

I'm not actually using an add-on program; it's just a utility available in the Mac OS X picture viewer. If I view them on the desktop, where I'm keeping them, they're still right-side up. But that probably doesn't mean much.

It's too bad... some of the shots, I like very much.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ok, I looked, and it doesn't currently exist, but is a request for the future. Until then, you'll have to rotate them on your end before uploading them.

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ok, I looked, and it doesn't currently exist, but is a request for the future. Until then, you'll have to rotate them on your end before uploading them.

OK, sounds like I'm going to have to use some of the software that was mentioned earlier. Ogod, something else to have to learn....!

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wait til I add the rest of the goodies...... ;)