Sinanju

kraljevic

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello, my friends in the martial arts,
I have one question, if anyone knows. My friend who training Jujutsu,told me abaot the martial art Sinanju-close combat system. He was in Croatia for a seminar that was held representative of the arts in Europe, I think it is called Goran.and he told him the skills to work under the auspices of the Takeda-Tanaka clan, Ishiro Tanaka Sensei and Takeda Sensei and they work in America, Los Angeles.
I see a clip it looks nice, looks like a combination of Aikido and Jujutsu-a.
Problem is , on the internet I could find nothing about that .
Does anyone know anything about this skill, that I came to be informed?

Saitama Steve

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Chelsea, London, UK/Souka-shi, Saitama Ken, JPN
Memorable quotes from Chiun, grandmaster of Sinanju (Snicker)

"I called you a clumsy oaf. You drive like a monkey in heat."

"Chinese! *Korean* is the most perfect creature ever to sanctify the earth with the imprint of its foot."

"You move like a baboon... with two clubbed feet!"

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Chiun. "You have come onto the care of Chiun, Master of Sinanju. Sinanju is a little fishing village in Korea where all the martial arts began. Kung Fu, Karate,Aikido, Ninjitsu these are all but shadows"

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah, it just occurred to me that this thread is in the Japanese MA section. Shouldn't it be in the Korean MA section? Or at least the Fantasy MA section. Note to the mods, we need a section for Fantasy MA!

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've read about 100 of the books when I was a kid; so, to me, its a concept or ideal that is very real. But then again I like to yell "Cobra Kai" at tournaments. Embrace Sinanju.:mst:
Sean

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those books are awesome, and if there was a way I could learn that then I'm all for it. The walking on water and bullet catching mostly.

I've got all of them-literally. Been reading them since they came out.

Walking on water is easy, and it's easier still to just not get shot at.

I'm all about-and thankful for!-the 27 steps to female ecstasy, though.....:lol:

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

I'm all about-and thankful for!-the 27 steps to female ecstasy, though.....:lol:
Mastered that, thank you....
Sean

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score

Have you been reading The New Destroyer series? Talk about getting back to kicking butt!

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is time for a new Sinanju movie. The original Remo Williams movie was bad, except for the two bullet dodging sequences. If they ever do a real, big budget Remo Williams movie, I hope they use the same technique for doing the bullet dodging. The way they did it in the matrix was fine for the matrix. The way they should do it for a new Remo williams film should be exactly like the first movie. The novels are great, although I haven't read one in about 20 years. Have they held up?

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It is time for a new Sinanju movie. The original Remo Williams movie was bad, except for the two bullet dodging sequences. If they ever do a real, big budget Remo Williams movie, I hope they use the same technique for doing the bullet dodging. The way they did it in the matrix was fine for the matrix. The way they should do it for a new Remo williams film should be exactly like the first movie. The novels are great, although I haven't read one in about 20 years. Have they held up?

Eh, I thought they got less fun as they got more outlandish, but I still read most of 'em back in the day. Fun escapist stuff, and there wasn't much like it at the time. I also thought the movie basically sucked, although there were a couple of great scenes in it. I'd love to see a top-quality remake or entirely new Destroyer movie. But like the repeated bad attempts to make a decent 'Hulk' movie, it just seems not to be possible.

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
You guys should really start checking out The New Destroyer series. One of the original writers is back, he's got a new writing partner and it's full of funny and bad-*** like the old days.

BTW, have you guys seen the old Remo Williams TV movie that came after the theatrical film? It was actually pretty fun.