Sifu Heinrich Pfaff- high kicking in WT/WC?

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Does other styles every try to sweep the leg when your chambering?

Also doesn't that kinda of telegraph your going to kick?

I know, but we did. Used chamber to block or leg check kicks too. Like the fold up before you do an arm block. You can chamber and drop your elbow to the knee to "cover" like a boxer (kinda) when getting kicked in the midriff.

OP
Si-Je

Si-Je

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Does other styles every try to sweep the leg when your chambering?

Also doesn't that kinda of telegraph your going to kick?

Sure, it's kinda a "oh crap" move against being kicked while your trying to kick too. Which happens alot in sparring. You bring the chamber foreward leading with the knee, and you have the neat little shin to shin leg check. Always hated that! Got good at dodging. lol!

WT/WC kicks you when you chamber. :) There is a spinning sweep move that some people looks cool that we learned too. They like that one in the movies. Tried that on hubbie, his leg stopped me with a thunk! and I fell over on the floor.

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
So whats the moral to this story?

lol

Sure, it's kinda a "oh crap" move against being kicked while your trying to kick too. Which happens alot in sparring. You bring the chamber foreward leading with the knee, and you have the neat little shin to shin leg check. Always hated that! Got good at dodging. lol!

WT/WC kicks you when you chamber. :) There is a spinning sweep move that some people looks cool that we learned too. They like that one in the movies. Tried that on hubbie, his leg stopped me with a thunk! and I fell over on the floor.

OP
Si-Je

Si-Je

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Well if their a skilled TKD fighter they should be able to get the moves off?

That is if they know how to fight with TKD

Sounds like a good theory. :)
I thought so too.

Latest Discussions