Should You Clone Your Dog?

Holmejr

Black Belt
Reaction score
That doesn't make sense. You only know that a human is "wondering if we're alone" because that human has a conversation with you about what he's thinking. Why would you think you would know such a thing from an animal in which you have limited knowledge of how to communicate with.

Seriously what's the physical expression or interpretation of the question " are we alone"? Do you always look at the night sky when you think of that question?

Just something to think about.
No sometimes I’m on the John LOL. For me there is really no need to ponder it more than for entertainment. But I certainly will allow you to wonder about it. Maybe your dog is doing the same…
And I say that thinking my dog is pretty damn smart for a dog. If I say “let’s go for a walk”, she won’t leave until she is satisfied that my wife isn’t getting ready to go for a walk. If my wife is doing anything else, my dog runs out the door. If my wife is dressing for a walk, my dog sits and waits for her. She does the same for me. We call her the “thinker”. But she’s not reinventing the dog bowl, she’s just waiting for something to be in it.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Good thing it wasn’t a jack russel…
I'm not a fan of small dogs and their mental ability. I have a miniature pincher that was my Uncle's dog. She's definitely not the brightest dog. I don't have never had to train my any of my dogs beyond basic commands. I prefer that they develop naturally without the "dog tricks." This dog has no such ability. Not a great problem solver. You can cage her with a fence made of yarn and straws. She either understands that she's not supposed to get out of that space or she's just clueless to solve the problem. I'm not sure about her background but her mental development is stunted or limited.

If I had to compare her to a human. It would be that human who doesn't seem to know how the world works. That one guy or girl who makes you wonder, "Why don't they know this? A 6 year old child knows this." The only thing that I can count on for that dog is poop on the floor lol.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
No sometimes I’m on the John LOL.
ha ha ha.. Stargazer
OIP.5giRT8-ii95riruNvuQZqAHaFj
air

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cloning a deceased dog would produce a physically identical animal at birth. Depending upon the environmental factors it was subsequently exposed to, genes would be express or inhibited (epigenetic factors) and it may diverged from the original dogs appearance. Homozygous human twins are clones of each other but often they have slightly different physical appearances especially as they age and their personalities can be quite different. For example, the infamous Andrew Tate’s identical twin volunteers in a soup kitchen and financially supports many women’s well-being charities 😐

Latest Discussions