Shotokan class

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
may I suggest that you learn Enpi or Chinte if you can get the instructor to show them to you

Gwai Lo Dan

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
In part because of this thread, I decided to try a karate class while on a business trip to Prince Edward Island. Unfortunately, they got 60 cm (2 ft) of snow, so classes were cancelled. I'll have to try again on my next trip!

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
It's good to see that both you and the sensei were not comparing sizes about which art is better, but rather willing to learn from each other.

We do WTF TKD at my school, but my master made it clear when an ITF 2nd Dan joined that it doesn't matter if you're WTF, ITF, karate, or whatever...black belts get the same respect.

In fact, he incorporates judo, muay thai, hapkido, and mma (maybe some others) into his class.

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Somethig I like a lot of this shotokan sensei is he never compares karate against...., he loves karate indeed but he is not blind and know there are so many flavours out there, that's why I feel so comfortable talking with him and exchanging techs with him, The other sensei a JKS representative is so cocky that he feel's the last coke in the desert, for him there is nothing in this eart than JKS Karate Do and sometimes is just a jerk!

Gerome (my Karate friend) is 57 years old and do karate since he was 14.

Manny