ShastarVidiya - Indian Swordsmanship

OP
MahaKaal

MahaKaal

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hi All

A video from a Seminar held in Canada has been uploaded onto our channel.

Enjoy!

Namaste

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
MahaKaal

MahaKaal

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Cold Steels CEO Lyn Thompson invited Nidar Singh to demonstrate and teach the Sikh Warrior Arts - Sanatan Shastarvidiya. The video of what they thought of the experience begins when the channel opens.

http://www.youtube.com/Shastarvidiya

Thank you
Enjoy

frank raud

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Hi All

A video from a Seminar held in Canada has been uploaded onto our channel.

Enjoy!

Namaste

I am so sorry I was not aware of this seminar. Would have been thrilled to attend.

Last edited by a moderator:

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
This month's Black Belt Magazine has an article on Indian martial arts and Gatka.

Mentions "The Art of Katka" by Akali. Far as I know, I'm the only one who's republished it and the PDF is free download. :)

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

OP
MahaKaal

MahaKaal

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I am so sorry I was not aware of this seminar. Would have been thrilled to attend.

Hi Frank

Nidar Singh will be conducting regular Seminars in Canada Ottowa, and will be returning next month I believe.

If your interested in attending, I will send you the details when they are finalised.

Thank you

Orange Lightning

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I feel like I would be doing a disservice to not mention this.

First, I think these videos are great. Awesome.
That said, please don't shoot the messenger.

If you go to youtube and search "nihang nidar singh", the very first video that pops up is a video proclaiming Nihang Nidar Singh's fakeness as a Nihang. None of it has anything to do with martial arts. Apparently, his cultural teachings are counter to what the Sikh teach. For that reason, he was excommunicated from them.

http://www.shastervidiya.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Kryptonite_Letter_web.jpg

Not saying his martial arts are fake or ineffective or aren't what they ought to be in any way. I only feel that, for the sake of completeness, anyone who chooses to research Shastarvidya or the Sikh further should know that he's officially removed from the teachings he teaches.

I'm subscribing to that channel though.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fraud busting is against the rules here on MT, this appears to be a private argument between people we don't know about a subject we know nothing of, to post up as 'truth' is extremely unfair. It's not a case of 'shooting the messenger' it's more that the messenger should have read the rules here.

Orange Lightning

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Fraud busting is against the rules here on MT, this appears to be a private argument between people we don't know about a subject we know nothing of, to post up as 'truth' is extremely unfair. It's not a case of 'shooting the messenger' it's more that the messenger should have read the rules here.

Ah. Sorry.

I think I'm going to give them a re read in case I missed anything else.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah. Sorry.

I think I'm going to give them a re read in case I missed anything else.

The Mods get a bit miffed if they think people are fraud busting, too much like certain other sites methinks :D

Orange Lightning

Purple Belt
Reaction score

For the record, I was not, am not suggesting this person is a fraud. I only thought it relevant information to know. Regardless, I see the mistake. Again, sorry everyone.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the record, I was not, am not suggesting this person is a fraud. I only thought it relevant information to know. Regardless, I see the mistake. Again, sorry everyone.

It seems to be a private argument amongst themselves, lets just hope that they keep weapons out of it :eek: