Sharing Part of My Training - Warmups

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
So today I lost track of time and that ate into my training for today and then it looked as if it was going to rain so I went outside to quickly do some of the other training that I haven't show. Remember this is not my full workout. I quickly went through a lot of the warmups that I do and still ended up with more than 30 minutes of video clips.

I wanted to get this posted today so I didn't spend time with the text labels.

The first exercise is my staff exercise the first 2 rounds are my warmup, but I only showed 1 round (forward and backwards) normally I do 2 rounds for warm ups and then 4 or 5 rounds for the actual workout. I don't keep count. I just go until my shoulders burn out which tells me it's time to do the rest of my workout with tired arms. Tired arms helps me to relax more and forces me to use my body to drive the punch instead of just my arms. I use the rings to condition my forearms, wrists, and hands. They are also good for building arm strength. Sort of training more than one thing at the same time. I started my shadow boxing training today as well. I like to keep my warm ups as close to the movements from the forms or the fighting combos as much as I can.

Like always feel free to ask questions and make recommendations.

Last edited:

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
So today I lost track of time and that ate into my training for today and then it looked as if it was going to rain so I went outside to quickly do some of the other training that I haven't show. Remember this is not my full workout. I quickly went through a lot of the warmups that I do and still ended up with more than 30 minutes of video clips.

I wanted to get this posted today so I didn't spend time with the text labels.

The first exercise is my staff exercise the first 2 rounds are my warmup, but I only showed 1 round (forward and backwards) normally I do 2 rounds for warm ups and then 4 or 5 rounds for the actual workout. I don't keep count. I just go until my shoulders burn out which tells me it's time to do the rest of my workout with tired arms. Tired arms helps me to relax more and forces me to use my body to drive the punch instead of just my arms. I use the rings to condition my forearms, wrists, and hands. They are also good for building arm strength. Sort of training more than one thing at the same time. I started my shadow boxing training today as well. I like to keep my warm ups as close to the movements from the forms or the fighting combos as much as I can.

Like always feel free to ask question and make recommendations. Looks like two but I don't trust eyes.

How many rings is that per arm?

OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
How many rings is that per arm?
Only 2. A medium sized one that bounces on and conditions the wrist and a large one that conditions the forearm.

Last edited:

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I like your stick form. It's very similar to the form that I learned when I was 11.

- Hold both hands on 1/3 and 2/3 position.
- Right side hit opponent's head.
- Left side hit his groin.
- Left side hit his head.
- Release right hand, swing the stick vertically and use the right end to hit opponent in long distance (2/3 length).

OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I like your stick form. It's very similar to the form that I learned when I was 11.

- Hold both hands on 1/3 and 2/3 position.
- Right side hit opponent's head.
- Left side hit his groin.
- Left side hit his head.
- Release right hand, swing the stick vertically and use the right end to hit opponent in long distance (2/3 length).
I like the staff even though the form that I know isn't that flashy.