Share your greatest song or lyric???

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
@Xue Sheng, yay for sharing happy memories!! oh I will not ask about woman you used to date in case there be a Mrs XS be looking haha.. still it is nice to know that you have memories and Tom Waits reminds you? He is scary I think.. misery is the river of the world.. I have this in my head.. you know this?? Oh this hand gesture I look it up he say he took some inspiration from Japanese dancing maybe.. and so you would do this same action to mean something?? there is appropriate and not appropriate moments for this?
I can send you some thing for driving in the car haha..

I use to play that opening riff on my old Guild Electric Guitar... that I never...EVER... should have traded in for an acoustic that I no longer play..... I like that song.

Speaking of listening in the car

At a traffic light this morning I randomly grabbed a CD in my car, stuck it in the CD player and heard Occasional Demons by Jethro Tull...
Got me thinking how at one time this line "cos we're all kinds of animals coming here: occasional demons too." Use to apply to who I hung out with and were I hung out....now...... I appears that now, in my old age, I have become civilized......

Occasional Demons Jethro Tull

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
@Xue Sheng, of course you are guitar guy! or like you were before love of cash had you sell your beloved Guild! well lesson there!! :) And Jethro Tull.. hey why do you say about your age.. Civilised? I think you do not want to be civilised, some thing else yes?? who is making you be civilised.. Go get your Guild guitar back!!! maybe i share this already.. I cannot even see any more.. is too good not to. Turn up up up!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@Tames D, yikes that is a scary song to send!! Why are you listen to this? There is nicer version you have heard Everything But the Girl sing.. she sing it nicer.. is very sad song.. how can you even listen to this?? I can send a more 'up' song well is morrissey so only a little more up? Listen!!!

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Nothing's changed.
I still love you, Oh I still love you
only slightly...only slightly less
than I used to.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
@Xue Sheng, of course you are guitar guy! or like you were before love of cash had you sell your beloved Guild! well lesson there!! :) And Jethro Tull.. hey why do you say about your age.. Civilised? I think you do not want to be civilised, some thing else yes?? who is making you be civilised.. Go get your Guild guitar back!!! maybe i share this already.. I cannot even see any more.. is too good not to. Turn up up up!!!

My Guild

thumb.php

I did not sell it, I traded it,for much less than it was worth, to get an Alverez Acoustic,

_c772705_image_0.jpg

which I played little and do not play at all now.

Family, marriage, fatherhood, age and time civilized me. And I do not think I am up to hanging out in biker bars anymore or drinking copious amounts of Alcohol, it would likely kill me :)

One day in early November I stopped by the Harley dealer and picked out the Harley I was going to buy after winter..... later that November I meant the woman who would become Mrs Xue.... the Harley was never purchased..... Welcome to Civilization :)

But a bit of the rebel still exits, still like leather jackets and I do play a Didgeridoo
thumbnail

If playing the didge is rebellious.... not sure about that one
]

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
@wingchun100, hey no way, Smiths this is, yes?? or something else?? You have Smiths in America? You would tell me what this lyric is to you?? or is too private and personal for to elaborate? What else you like maybe?? You like this at all??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@Xue Sheng, Wow, those are both very nice instruments!!! Why do you not get along with your acoustic?? That is shame, why can you not trade it back or sell it and get back your electric??? Ah you are scaring me about being civilised! you can be your age any age and but you do not have to be all proper and civilised! Who says this? Why can you not just get your Harley with nice high back pillion saddle and put Mrs XS on back and go and ride you live in America!!! is right place for it!!! And you can play digeridoo? or you use it for weapon to destroy enemies?? Can be for both yes?? haha :D which Harley it is btw??

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
@wingchun100, hey no way, Smiths this is, yes?? or something else?? You have Smiths in America? You would tell me what this lyric is to you?? or is too private and personal for to elaborate? What else you like maybe?? You like this at all??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@Xue Sheng, Wow, those are both very nice instruments!!! Why do you not get along with your acoustic?? That is shame, why can you not trade it back or sell it and get back your electric??? Ah you are scaring me about being civilised! you can be your age any age and but you do not have to be all proper and civilised! Who says this? Why can you not just get your Harley with nice high back pillion saddle and put Mrs XS on back and go and ride you live in America!!! is right place for it!!! And you can play digeridoo? or you use it for weapon to destroy enemies?? Can be for both yes?? haha :D which Harley it is btw??

Yes, the Smiths were in America. Granted, they never made it big and were relegated to "alternative" music shows like 120 Minutes, but they had enormous impact on countless bands that followed.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Oh man, I know every Smiths song by heart, as well as the first Morrisey album. Were the Smiths in America??? Give me a break... in the mid-80s, Morrisey and Johnny Marr were right up there with Souisxe and the Banshees, Bauhaus, and the Circle Jerks. :)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

That trade happened about 10 years ago and the Guild is much older and worth considerably more than the Alverez so I think it is gone. Why I stopped playing, don't know, it just happened. Probably would have happened if I still had my guild too. I have a old Takamine classical guitar too, it is so old not even Takamine has a record of it beyond they are sure it was made when the Takamine factory was still in Japan so it is early 60s or older. That will eventually end up with the musical little Xue

The Harley would have been a early 2000, 1200cc sportster, similar to this one

03%20Harley%20Sportster%20XL%201200CX.jpg

To much responsibility these days to take chances on a Motorcycle and Mrs Xue would never get on one nor is she a fan of them. Besides, being civilized, I would likely get an older BMW these days :)

As for the Didge, some would say simply being able to play it is both :D

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh man, I know every Smiths song by heart, as well as the first Morrisey album. Were the Smiths in America??? Give me a break... in the mid-80s, Morrisey and Johnny Marr were right up there with Souisxe and the Banshees, Bauhaus, and the Circle Jerks. :)

I was never really a big Siouxsie fan. In the 80's my indie/alternative rock collection included REM, Echo and the Bunnymen, They Might Be Giants, the Cure, and a handful of others. Then in the 90's, I wound up getting into a lot of bands who had been around in the 80's LOL like Husker Du, Sonic Youth, Dinosaur JR., the Minutemen, and a lot more.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Sorry, no Lyrics, but it is what was in me noggin this morning and it is what I am listening to right now

Rather apropos, considering the season

Sometime, during the fall (autumn) season I tend to go all classical for a bit. Don't know why, been that way since my early 20s

Flatfish

Black Belt
Reaction score
Whoa, i just went down a Youtube rabbit hole that took me from Samantha Fish playing "I put a spell on you" (reliving a show I recently saw her at) to Screaming Jay Hawkins' version and then to Nick Cave because I read that he covered that song as well, then down a Nick Cave hole to end up with this. Awesome version of one of his best songs (IMO):

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Normally I hate anything Grateful Dead, but I love the words to this song...well, and the melody too.

If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine
And my tunes were played on the harp unstrung
Would you hear my voice come through the music
Would you hold it near as it were your own?
It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken
Perhaps they're better left unsung
I don't know, don't really care
Let there be songs to fill the air
Ripple in still water
When there is no pebble tossed
Nor wind to blow
Reach out your hand if your cup be empty
If your cup is full may it be again
Let it be known there is a fountain
That was not made by the hands of men
There is a road, no simple highway
Between the dawn and the dark of night
And if you go no one may follow
That path is for your steps alone
Ripple in still water
When there is no pebble tossed
Nor wind to blow
You who choose to lead must follow
But if you fall you fall alone
If you should stand then who's to guide you?
If I knew the way I would take you home

Latest Discussions