Share your greatest song or lyric???

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Now lets think. I tend to go DJ's as well. Not so much for the mixing, although I do prefer a long mix from the final breaks. Basically, someone lent me a tape of a Marshall Jefferson mix. He was in a New York club and recorded live (If I remember correctly, I am sure I am though) and I was just hooked. One thing led to another with the likes of Frankie Knuckles being heard as well, I started digging deeper and found that NY house was different to Chicago house. Slight differences that you only explain by suggesting a listen. Several one things to another later, I am going with Hard House, American House and Garage, plus Deep House (Rocky and Diesel) through to the emergence of more progressive stuff. Really though, I had the musical epiphany when I first heard some Goa and Acid Trance. The musical explosion caught me there :)

No I am not a producer, I flirted with bedroom mixing, although I did play a few sets in some club bars. I did like it, but I would not play to the crowd and pretty much mixed my selected vinyl, over and above the floor. Still though, when I have built my new rig, I will think about Virtual DJ or such like. Anyway yeah know a bit of Nina Kraviz, yeah she's cool :) More up-tempo these days, but I would recommend Sia. Vid below :)

#
Hey I love your circuitous route to where you are now in your music!! That is fantastic story :) I am not one to argue over genres.. just whatever make you move.. it is all good :D Thank you so much for sharing your awakenings :) Yes we saw Sia in London many years ago and I was in love with her voice more than anything :) Great talent, good choice!! always thought that vid was weird! and but I am grateful for your sharing! :) At the minute I use electronic mostly for skipping/jumprope (hardstyle->drumstep = perfect bpm).. Jxo

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Jenna I would love to hear you favorites.

other songs of the 60's area that had meaning to me for various reasons:
The times they are a changing
Where have all the flowers gone
1 2 3 4 what are we fighting for

other song of the 60's I liked or loved
Puff the magic dragon
Then he kissed me ( no folks I just liked the song he never ever kissed me)
Dazed and confused
Folsom prison blues
Like a rolling stone
most of these where pop hits and on the radio all the time and had no special meaning i just liked them heck i still find myself humming Puff the magic dragon all the time
Ah you are kind heart for saying :) well I am debating with my self whether to post you this since it is like TOTALLY out of sync with what you have given me the lovely Peter Paul and Mary.. and but you have Zepp in there too so we will be ok with this I think haha.. I LOVE these songs and I love what they might suggest of you as you were.. and maybe as you are now still??? Well I know you listen to mine even just to humour me and that is ok too (I will send round cookies by a small boy on a Schwinn I keep him employed to do my errands haha!!) I was thinking of this song.. lyrically there are perhaps better? and but still it is enlightened for this genre against false messengers and the exploitation of a community by its own selfish.. and but I love this musical hook here always give me a lift this one..

"
Revolution means change, don't look at me strange
So I can't repeat what other rappers be sayin
You don't stand for something, you fall for anything
Harder than you think, it's a beautiful thing
"

well then I give you this.. simple and beautiful.. not for the first time I had posted this.. still searching!

Jxxxx

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hart of Gold is a beautiful song.
Still not a fan of Rap but "Harder than you think" that has some good lyrics

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Really? that is too awesome.. unless.. this is your *actual* mother? or hmm.. Jethro Tull, smokin weed chillin out, 1970s.. are we talking about your um *earth* mother? :) Jx
I have no real desire to spend a lot of time on music, these days, but I like any style of music, including Rap. My old faves are Brian Eno and Kate Bush; because, they can hang on a note like their life depended on it. :)

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no real desire to spend a lot of time on music, these days, but I like any style of music, including Rap. My old faves are Brian Eno and Kate Bush; because, they can hang on a note like their life depended on it. :)

Kate Bush, really. Brian Eno, he is the master of connecting vibes. Yeah maybe not understandable, or maybe not :)

EDIT> Hey the sounds are of life :)

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kate Bush, really. Brian Eno, he is the master of connecting vibes. Yeah maybe not understandable, or maybe not :)

Musically, both Kate, Brian, and a slew of others are vowel sound singers. They don't care about the lyric. It is different from what this thread is about. LOL

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
one of the most beautiful songs I know and one that has struck a cord in me from the first time I heard it back in the early 70"
http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A2KLqIXd8R1V1nEA3p.RnIlQ;_ylu=X3oDMTByZnJkbGl0BHNlYwNjZC10aHVtYgRzbGsDcGxheQR2dGlkAw--/RV=2/RE=1428054622/RO=10/RU=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS2nX4fuzqc/RK=0/RS=vEixxZIpdzF1JMKL7eczVok2Alg-
I just have no words to describe how the tune and words affect me and I am not sure why

another version
Sarah Brightman - I Don t Know How To Love Him

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hart of Gold is a beautiful song.
Still not a fan of Rap but "Harder than you think" that has some good lyrics
Oh S.. it is more than enough for me that you even have a quick listen!! :) thank you xx

Do you know this here song? I like it and but I wonder what does it mean.. I wonder if it is more than the simple song it make it self out to be haha.. Jxxx

one of the most beautiful songs I know and one that has struck a cord in me from the first time I heard it back in the early 70"
http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A2KLqIXd8R1V1nEA3p.RnIlQ;_ylu=X3oDMTByZnJkbGl0BHNlYwNjZC10aHVtYgRzbGsDcGxheQR2dGlkAw--/RV=2/RE=1428054622/RO=10/RU=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS2nX4fuzqc/RK=0/RS=vEixxZIpdzF1JMKL7eczVok2Alg-
I just have no words to describe how the tune and words affect me and I am not sure why

another version
Sarah Brightman - I Don t Know How To Love Him

This is soooooo lovely!!! xxxxxx

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Kate Bush I looooooove love love :) and but you will have to explain to me Brian Eno.. except for one song Babys on Fire! this I like.. and but all of the rest does not make no sense to me?? I think I am not smart enough to have an appreciation.. I try Taking Tiger Mountain and Warm Jets and do not know like what am I missing here of what they say is the "genius" of Brian Eno.. You can enlighten me I should like to understand?? xox

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I just really like this song

oooh I have my groove on with this!! :) I like passion in this!! Well it is just right that you really like this XS.. and I am thinking that is just for today you are feeling this or this is a longstanding like? Thank you for sharing!! I like new music to me :) xox

Well it is ok that you just like that song XS.. I just like this :) Do you know this? I love a song I can hum along.. I wish I could whistle.. I would whistle this! :D

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kate Bush I looooooove love love :) and but you will have to explain to me Brian Eno.. except for one song Babys on Fire! this I like.. and but all of the rest does not make no sense to me?? I think I am not smart enough to have an appreciation.. I try Taking Tiger Mountain and Warm Jets and do not know like what am I missing here of what they say is the "genius" of Brian Eno.. You can enlighten me I should like to understand?? xox
... Just put your head phones on and listen. It's a wall of sound created by the voice, and not just the instruments. :)

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Brian Eno writes a lot of stuff inspired by nature I believe. When it comes to be a genius of music, it tranlates like others in life. Musical terms would have to include Steve Vai and his guitar.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
oooh I have my groove on with this!! :) I like passion in this!! Well it is just right that you really like this XS.. and I am thinking that is just for today you are feeling this or this is a longstanding like? Thank you for sharing!! I like new music to me :) xox

I first head that song a few months ago and I have liked it from the first time I heard it, I just heard it again on the radio on the way into work yesterday

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Or maybe this....
OK so these are different.. is it me or he sounds like David Byrne?? So you are saying it is a wall of sound?
I have heard this term previously.. I had thought it concerned like loud music no? These two I can listen to.. Brian Ferry vs David Byrne vs Paul Simon.. that is what I am getting.. or maybe it was he who was influence to them maybe he came first??

John Cale that is cool.. I was listening to Gun do you know this song of his ? was covered by Siouxsie and the Banshees that is how I came by it.. love that version Jx

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Brian Eno writes a lot of stuff inspired by nature I believe. When it comes to be a genius of music, it tranlates like others in life. Musical terms would have to include Steve Vai and his guitar.
Hmmm.. Steve Vai.. I cannot decide best guitarist ever to walk around with double necks or soulless technician.. my mind is unmade! :)

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I first head that song a few months ago and I have liked it from the first time I heard it, I just heard it again on the radio on the way into work yesterday
Coincidence! Or? listen.. sshhh.. is attention due to some thing the universe is saying to you? never doubt possibility :)

Here is one for you XS.. do not know if you are in the right listening mood today :) Jx