Share your greatest song or lyric???

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Would have thought that was Megadeth. > Sorry it is not widescreen, I know there is a way that it can be en masse, but cant remember right now. Anyway another fave of mine. It was not released as a single, but this is "Belly of the Beast" by Anthrax. One of my metal faves, although some would say this early death metal, whatever still head tempo.

Who is evil, who is blind?
In the name of who you'll find,
A city of souls dying for peace
Welcome to the belly of the beast
One mind, one voice
Welcome to the belly of the beast
Who hears, your voice?

Millions, never, never again
Madness, never, never again
Martyrs, dead that can't die
Monsters

Insanity, the normal state
The left hand a hammer, the right the stake
Driven so deep into the heart
It's killing love, it's killing faith
It's killing 'cause it's from the heart
What better way to demoralize
When your own children are your spies
The things you trust are not the same
Trust in grief, trust in death
Trust in hope is trust in pain

Who is evil, who is blind?
In the name of who you'll find,
You're not supposed to question faith
But how do you accept this fate?

Millions, you walk this earth without a heart
Madness, tear the innocent's souls apart
Martyrs, shovel your conscience into the grave
Monsters
That was Jethro Tull! You might remember Them from when they crushed Metallica back in 89, I think it was. ;)

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was Jethro Tull! You might remember Them from when they crushed Metallica back in 89, I think it was. ;)

No way Jethro. Yeah I do know about them, not a lot mind, but have heard their choons before. UK TV was really good for music even in the 60's. Tull still going I believe :)

jezr74

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am blue, I am blue, I am blue

Classic, can't make that stuff up.

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Tbh, as a lusty Essex teenager, she was hot :) Seriously though, a great voice and good music. A bit like the bangles. My easy listening when the rock music was a bit much, no particular meaning.
Oh? which American house?? .. I should like to find out which djs?? I live in Detroit for a time.. basement house was fun then.. do you use DI Radio or Beatport? That Christina Novelli is a beautiful song btw (the acoustic one) Last set I got to was Nina Kraviz.. you rate her?? And you make your own music also yes?? it is the done thing :) I am nosey I would love to know..

..Anthrax is awesome too!! Do you listen to any newer metalcore type stuff?

and but thank you for sharing :) Love to know what you are listening to today in your genre mixing?? Jx

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
in 1965 Stop. In The Name Of Love sung by the Supremes was actually playing the first time I saw my future wife.
"Eve of Destruction" was also from that year and I had just got my first notice that Uncle Sam wanted me
wow I should like to know more if that is ok to ask? To me these seem almost two contrasting situations and two contrasting songs to go with them I think?? These must be evocative both for you even now?? I should love to know more and but thank you for sharing these :) kiss Jx

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Ah, Matt Sorum on drums before GnR got hold of him… awesome! And, my lady, I offer no bluff… I could happily put down the entire album (well… maybe not Grapevine… their live versions are the far superior there)… so I will give another to you.

well what do you know Christopher I am a convert :D x

and this? love this and love them :) what do you think of them? Jx

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Brain storming, habit forming, battle warning, weary with some actor's spearing spineless, chilling lines.
The critics falling over her to tell themselves, "He is boring, and really not an awful lot of... Fun!
And who the hell can he be, when he has never had tea, and doesn't even sit on toilet seats?"
Court jesting, never resting, he must be very cunning to assume that err of dignity, but bless us
all with a solitary promise. His lame brain antics, and his jumping in the air. But, every night he
is actually sane, and so it must be all a game of chess he's playing. But, you see, you are wrong,
Steve, it is only solitaire.
..an unusual song for you ToD , no??? This is the quirky in you coming out maybe :) Did you like other bands from this era or just this song?? this song regards scornful critics I hope it is not personal? Jxxx

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I am blue, I am blue, I am blue

Classic, can't make that stuff up.
Was that not a Bob Dylan protest song you know from the same EP as his "Im a barbie girl.. in a barbie world".. It is not right to slag off Dylan round here you know! x

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
..an unusual song for you ToD , no??? This is the quirky in you coming out maybe :) Did you like other bands from this era or just this song?? this song regards scornful critics I hope it is not personal? Jxxx
That is the first album I had ever owned as a kid, :)

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
That is the first album I had ever owned as a kid, :)
Well you listened to some cool music if this was your first! I like that :) Someone in your family influenced you towards this? Is English after all! No Foreigner or Styx or whatnot – proper USA music in your house back then?? Jx

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well you listened to some cool music if this was your first! I like that :) Someone in your family influenced you towards this? Is English after all! No Foreigner or Styx or whatnot – proper USA music in your house back then?? Jx
Yeah, my mother liked Tull, but Styx and Foreigner were NEVER offered to me because they weren't her bag. LOL

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh? which American house?? .. I should like to find out which djs?? I live in Detroit for a time.. basement house was fun then.. do you use DI Radio or Beatport? That Christina Novelli is a beautiful song btw (the acoustic one) Last set I got to was Nina Kraviz.. you rate her?? And you make your own music also yes?? it is the done thing :) I am nosey I would love to know..

..Anthrax is awesome too!! Do you listen to any newer metalcore type stuff?

and but thank you for sharing :) Love to know what you are listening to today in your genre mixing?? Jx

Now lets think. I tend to go DJ's as well. Not so much for the mixing, although I do prefer a long mix from the final breaks. Basically, someone lent me a tape of a Marshall Jefferson mix. He was in a New York club and recorded live (If I remember correctly, I am sure I am though) and I was just hooked. One thing led to another with the likes of Frankie Knuckles being heard as well, I started digging deeper and found that NY house was different to Chicago house. Slight differences that you only explain by suggesting a listen. Several one things to another later, I am going with Hard House, American House and Garage, plus Deep House (Rocky and Diesel) through to the emergence of more progressive stuff. Really though, I had the musical epiphany when I first heard some Goa and Acid Trance. The musical explosion caught me there :)

No I am not a producer, I flirted with bedroom mixing, although I did play a few sets in some club bars. I did like it, but I would not play to the crowd and pretty much mixed my selected vinyl, over and above the floor. Still though, when I have built my new rig, I will think about Virtual DJ or such like. Anyway yeah know a bit of Nina Kraviz, yeah she's cool :) More up-tempo these days, but I would recommend Sia. Vid below :)

#

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
wow I should like to know more if that is ok to ask? To me these seem almost two contrasting situations and two contrasting songs to go with them I think?? These must be evocative both for you even now?? I should love to know more and but thank you for sharing these :) kiss Jx

I was working as a traveling portrait photosphere and happened to be in a store in Winston-Salem, N.C. early one morning before the store opened and music was playing over the speakers as the workers got ready for the opening. I was setting up my camera equipment for that days shoot when I heard some giggling behind me, as I turned to see what was going on two girls where going down one of the nearby isles. One had turned (coincidentally just as the song came on) and looked at me and said something to her friend and there was more giggling as they started to run down the isle. The young pretty blond tripped over her own feet , fell with petticoats flying almost over her head,got up looked to see if I was watching and then hurried away to her work station. I married her less than a year later after only going out with her 3 times in the remaining months.

The 2nd song well I listened to alot of protest music in those days. I am a child of the 60's protest movement.
I was getting my draft notices from the government and songs like the one mentioned may show what my mind set was about the war. I loved listening to Dylan,Baze, Havens, Phil Ochs, etc.

In truth I love music, be it rock, classical, soul, Reggi, or ballads with the exception of Rap which i find almost unable to listen to.

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yeah, my mother liked Tull, but Styx and Foreigner were NEVER offered to me because they weren't her bag. LOL
Really? that is too awesome.. unless.. this is your *actual* mother? or hmm.. Jethro Tull, smokin weed chillin out, 1970s.. are we talking about your um *earth* mother? :) Jx

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Really? that is too awesome.. unless.. this is your *actual* mother? or hmm.. Jethro Tull, smokin weed chillin out, 1970s.. are we talking about your um *earth* mother? :) Jx
Yeah. :cool: Mom is a character, but like me she keeps the sanity safe while everyone around her goes crazy. LOL

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I was working as a traveling portrait photosphere and happened to be in a store in Winston-Salem, N.C. early one morning before the store opened and music was playing over the speakers as the workers got ready for the opening. I was setting up my camera equipment for that days shoot when I heard some giggling behind me, as I turned to see what was going on two girls where going down one of the nearby isles. One had turned (coincidentally just as the song came on) and looked at me and said something to her friend and there was more giggling as they started to run down the isle. The young pretty blond tripped over her own feet , fell with petticoats flying almost over her head,got up looked to see if I was watching and then hurried away to her work station. I married her less than a year later after only going out with her 3 times in the remaining months.

The 2nd song well I listened to alot of protest music in those days. I am a child of the 60's protest movement.
I was getting my draft notices from the government and songs like the one mentioned may show what my mind set was about the war. I loved listening to Dylan,Baze, Havens, Phil Ochs, etc.

In truth I love music, be it rock, classical, soul, Reggi, or ballads with the exception of Rap which i find almost unable to listen to.
Awwwww that is like a film script.. I should soooo like to see that film made :) And so you were a photo guy back then I can get such a clear picture of that scene and wow it sounds like you both had it bad for each other! This is such a wonderful story thank you so much for sharing!!! xoxox

And is there another song from those various artist you mention that you would be ok to share with me that mean something to you? I should like that very much :)

And I wonder why it is you do not like rap?? am I bad then if I wanted to expose you to one that is my favourite??? only because it is lyrically a protest song.. I promise I will bake you cookies with choc chips if you will listen and if not.. is all good :) xox

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yeah. :cool: Mom is a character, but like me she keeps the sanity safe while everyone around her goes crazy. LOL
Cool.. can you get Mom on then to share some songs?? :p Hey will you share me another? What are you listening to now.. like now-a-days? Jxx

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jenna I would love to hear you favorites.

other songs of the 60's area that had meaning to me for various reasons:
The times they are a changing
Where have all the flowers gone
1 2 3 4 what are we fighting for

other song of the 60's I liked or loved
Puff the magic dragon
Then he kissed me ( no folks I just liked the song he never ever kissed me)
Dazed and confused
Folsom prison blues
Like a rolling stone
most of these where pop hits and on the radio all the time and had no special meaning i just liked them heck i still find myself humming Puff the magic dragon all the time

Last edited:

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When it comes to rap, the modern day stuff is just rubbish mainly, not so much the rapping skill, more the snyth samples. Exciting rap is with a dj mixing breakbeats and scratching. Just my two cents as I cant listen to it either. Different context mind :)

Latest Discussions