Share your greatest song or lyric???

xJOHNx

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I'm not so full of pain :) I just like music that is driven by emotion or with original hooks! Live they are more intense, Mostly because of the live performance with light, projected images and special places (a forest, a chapel, a theater..).

That song you posted with the broken up drum and bass parts, good stuff. Can't really look at the clip though, I might go epileptic. Reminds me of this breakcore collaboration I once saw. Gonna look and see if I can find it.

Thanks for the great songs! :)

found it: bong ra and sickboy

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm not so full of pain :) I just like music that is driven by emotion or with original hooks! Live they are more intense, Mostly because of the live performance with light, projected images and special places (a forest, a chapel, a theater..).

That song you posted with the broken up drum and bass parts, good stuff. Can't really look at the clip though, I might go epileptic. Reminds me of this breakcore collaboration I once saw. Gonna look and see if I can find it.

Thanks for the great songs! :)

found it: bong ra and sickboy

Oh that is a totally mad drop A++ :) And yes thank you for sharing too.. I like what you are giving me.. Oh I am sorry if the flashing was disturbing, I did not know.. apologies! And but yes I do love my DnB and hardcore.. it is perfect for in the car, for jump rope routines, or for zoning out and disappearing from reality haha.. a musical panacea perhaps :) And to speak of which, from Germany..

kaizasosei

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Hi Jenna!

Thanks for the link 'Der Hölle Rache'. That sure is a wild and spooky but beautiful piece. Really hit the spot for me. You see, my X was an opera singer and would sing that all the time...probably quite unnerving for most, but i'm used to it because i've been exposed to opera my whole life as my dad knows all about opera, has been blasting since i be in da crib and even sings himself.

Thanks again!

Thanks also to xJOHNx for the sweet tracks. Especially like 'day in the life'

j

xJOHNx

Purple Belt
Reaction score
@J: that's some fast stuff, haha! But awesome too!
If you like hardcore...
make sure, your ears don't start bleeding :) You probably know him, as he is from the UK :)

The flashing was not disturbing, it was my failed attempt at humour :)

@k: you are lucky to know alot about opera! I've been listening to fragments for years now, can't seem to remember a single piece. Except 'carmina burana'. :)

music is love

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
@kaisasozei yay I am on target then? Your ex was an opera diva? Wow that is exciting. No kissing permitted then in case you gave her the cold and ruined her season haha.. And then I think that is a bittersweet memory for you.. aww.. or maybe yay! depending :) And your dad is an opera fan too.. yes mine also.. That is where I picked up what [quite little] I know :) Speaking Italian and German is useful too I think! :) Hey what else you giving me now?? Come on gimme gimme gimme [no, not Abba.. plz not Abba!] Oh here is one I bet you like.. bouncy bouncy hip hop from the uh.. Teletubbies.. I do not remember this episode oddly enough haha..

@xJOHNx
Goodness yes that is about 180bpm just right for all kinds of fast things :) Oh wow you have given me some even more high intensity beats right there.. hardcore >200bpms is wonderful for interval training you know when you get your playlists all sorted :) Nice break too.. "Mama say knock you out!" Hey you know your stuff.. for a kid I mean.. haha.. just j/k!! :) I was gonna up the ante and give you some DJ Radium and but I will ease off I do not want to burst your subs haha.. Here is one I hope gives you a smile when you hear it

You guys are great :)
Jenna x

kaizasosei

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Yo Jenna! Yup, right on target you were with that one. It was almost spooky as i was thinking either it was a coincidence or you have some kind of file with all my personal data in it... that would be pretty funny.
Well, my X and i were together for more than five years-never really sepparated officially-but simply drifted apart once we she moved to another country.
Unfortunately, she never quite made it to diva status-well in my book, yeah sure, and i spent hours coaching her and truly believed she would make it, but alas the competition is harsh and there are tons of unfair judges-Not really unfair, but they basically simply pick what they need at the time. I guess one needs some luck. -about the kissing, i have to say, there were a couple of bizzare rules and theories about this and that-some not so great but some again quite ok.

So it's not a bittersweet memory at all. My X and I were a cool combo-still chat on phone from time to time. More like brother and sister. Hearing the song really gives me strength rather than sapping it.

Wow, the teletubbies...shake that ***....yeah! awesome! A little rumpshaking might even heal my messed up soul as my current situation is very hurting. Coolest teletubby session i ever had

? not really a favorite of mine, but i always found it amusing-asked my gf to perform it for me-even offered to do MJ billejean in return...still hasn't happened. i wonder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD_vJRatx-A&feature=related

j

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yo Jenna! Yup, right on target you were with that one. It was almost spooky as i was thinking either it was a coincidence or you have some kind of file with all my personal data in it... that would be pretty funny.
Well, my X and i were together for more than five years-never really sepparated officially-but simply drifted apart once we she moved to another country.
Unfortunately, she never quite made it to diva status-well in my book, yeah sure, and i spent hours coaching her and truly believed she would make it, but alas the competition is harsh and there are tons of unfair judges-Not really unfair, but they basically simply pick what they need at the time. I guess one needs some luck. -about the kissing, i have to say, there were a couple of bizzare rules and theories about this and that-some not so great but some again quite ok.

So it's not a bittersweet memory at all. My X and I were a cool combo-still chat on phone from time to time. More like brother and sister. Hearing the song really gives me strength rather than sapping it.

Wow, the teletubbies...shake that ***....yeah! awesome! A little rumpshaking might even heal my messed up soul as my current situation is very hurting. Coolest teletubby session i ever had

? not really a favorite of mine, but i always found it amusing-asked my gf to perform it for me-even offered to do MJ billejean in return...still hasn't happened. i wonder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD_vJRatx-A&feature=related

j

Oh sshhh.. I have a big file on everybody haha.. Oh you coached your girl then you must be a singer also? And but yes, music is necessarily subjective so harsh judges I think would be commonplace.. Not surprised she would not sing Fergie's humps song for you even if you would have done Billie Jean haha.. Aww I am still sorry you two are broken up and that you are in a not so good place just now.. aww now I just want to help can I give you something smiley maybes? Some old 90s happy indie for you??
You have a little smile for me yes? Jenna x

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
icon6.gif

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
@Chris Parker ahhh I cannot believe you have lowered yourself to posting RW!! Bah! Aww I am just joking :) thank you I will take it for the Kylie always and then here is one for you a fav of the little llama and me too.. this is always on in the car :) forgive the 30sec ad at the beginning.. besides that.. I hope you like.. tell me you like!! Maybe this is not your thing and but I know you would understand what I am sharing :)

[yt]5iBqhMfyoPU[/yt]

Lowering myself? I'll show you lowering myself!

Guess the artist who manages to get away with these risque lyrics... so far from the Catholic schoolgirl look, hitting one more time. Or maybe not... Hang on, I think I've given it away! Anyway, here you are:

1, 2, 3
Not only you and me
Got one eighty degrees
And I'm caught in between
Countin'

1, 2, 3
Peter, Paul & Mary
Gettin' down with 3P
Everybody loves (Ooh)
Countin'

Babe, pick a night
To come out and play
If it's alright
What do you say?

Merrier the more
Triple fun that way
Twister on the floor
What do you say?

Are - you in
Livin' in sin is the new thing (yeah)
Are - you in
I am countin'!

1, 2, 3
Not only you and me
Got one eighty degrees
Countin'

1, 2, 3
Peter, Paul & Mary
Gettin' down with 3P
Everybody loves (Ooh)
Countin'

Three is a charm
Two is not the same
I don't see the harm
So are you game?

Lets' make a team
Make 'em say my name
Lovin' the extreme
Now are you game?

Are - you in
Livin' in sin is the new thing
Are - you in
I am countin'!

1, 2, 3
Not only you and me
Got one eighty degrees
Countin'

1, 2, 3
Peter, Paul & Mary
Gettin' down with 3P

1, 2, 3
Not only you and me
Got one eighty degrees
Countin'

1, 2, 3
Peter, Paul & Mary
Gettin' down with 3P
Everybody loves ***
Countin'

Babe, pick a night
To come out and play
If it's alright
What do you say?

Merrier the more
Triple fun that way
Twister on the floor
What do you say?

Are - you in
Livin' in sin is the new thing (yeah)
Are - you in
I am countin'!

1, 2, 3
Not only you and me
Got one eighty degrees
Countin'

1, 2, 3
Peter, Paul & Mary
Gettin' down with 3P
Everybody loves (Ooh)
Countin'

Three is a charm
Two is not the same
I don't see the harm
So are you game?

Lets' make a team
Make 'em say my name
Lovin' the extreme
Now are you game?

Are - you in
Livin' in sin is the new thing
Are - you in
I am countin'!

1, 2, 3
Not only you and me
Got one eighty degrees
Countin'

1, 2, 3
Peter, Paul & Mary
Gettin' down with 3P
Everybody loves (Ooh)

What we do is innocent
Just for fun and nothin' meant
If you don't like the company
Let's just do it you and me
You and me...
Or three....
Or four....
- On the floor!

1, 2, 3
Not only you and me
Got one eighty degrees
Countin'

1, 2, 3
Peter, Paul & Mary
Gettin' down with 3P
Everybody loves (Ooh)

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Oh, and just for you, J:

I'm Dr Jeckyl, and this is my Hyde side.

Enjoy!
Oh you can NOT be serious bout Britney!! Say it ain't so!!! Bah! Still that is interesting your Jeckyll and Hyde side hmmm.. This is my nice side
So beautiful it makes me cry. From a film called "Once" a movie that means everything to me if you saw it you would understand so much :) And I was going to give you the Hyde side of me and but after that I cannot face to now.. Jannax

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
ALAKAZANG!!!

Heard this song today and it seemed to hit a chord :D

Could be because I am in a philosophical frame of mind today…or it could be because I am currently wearing one heck of a lot of black :idunno:

Back in black
I hit the sack
I've been too long I'm glad to be back
Yes I'm, let loose
From the noose
That's kept me hanging about
I keep looking at the sky
'Cause it's gettin' me high
Forget the herse 'cause I'll never die
I got nine lives
Cat's eyes
Usin' every one of them and running wild

'Cause I'm back
Yes, I'm back
Well, I'm back
Yes, I'm back
Well, I'm back, back
(Well) I'm back in black
Yes, I'm back in black

Back in the back
Of a Cadillac
Number one with a bullet, I'm a power pack
Yes, I'm in a bang
With a gang
They've got to catch me if they want me to hang
Cause I'm back on the track
And I'm leadin' the pack
Nobody's gonna get me on another rap
So look at me now
I'm just makin' my play
Don't try to push your luck, just get out of my way

'Cause I'm back
Yes, I'm back
Well, I'm back
Yes, I'm back
Well, I'm back, back
(Well) I'm back in black
Yes, I'm back in black

Well, I'm back, Yes I'm back
Well, I'm back, Yes I'm back
Well, I'm back, back
Well I'm back in black
Yes I'm back in black
Hoo
o yeah
Ohh yeah
Yes I am
Oooh yeah, yeah Oh yeah
Back in now
Well I'm back, I'm back
Back, I'm back
Back, I'm back
Back, I'm back
Back, I'm back
Back
Back in black
Yes I'm back in black

Outta sight

xJOHNx

Purple Belt
Reaction score

@xJOHNx
Goodness yes that is about 180bpm just right for all kinds of fast things :) Oh wow you have given me some even more high intensity beats right there.. hardcore >200bpms is wonderful for interval training you know when you get your playlists all sorted :) Nice break too.. "Mama say knock you out!" Hey you know your stuff.. for a kid I mean.. haha.. just j/k!! :) I was gonna up the ante and give you some DJ Radium and but I will ease off I do not want to burst your subs haha.. Here is one I hope gives you a smile when you hear it

Heh, thanks! I do not workout to music, because than I sing along and forget the details.
Listening alot to the Deadmau5 right now, I think it's called progressive house. Whatever floats the boat. It's more chill music to party to :)

That song you posted is hilarious! FiveO at his best!
Btw, you sure know some good modern music for an old lady! :)

x

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
@Xue-Sheng.. Ah X-S you are bringing me back to reality haha.. So do you look good in black then? Leather frock coat, big boots, dark shades and the ability to warp walls? That kind of black? Or am I picturing a James Bond style black YSL suit with a black polo-neck sweater and smart shoes mmmmmm.. No let me see.. that music is more skinny Levis 511s and black T.. either way mmmmm.. haha.. Sorry ahem.. Back in Black was it? You think that was good? Well you ain't seen nothin yet :)
hope you like?? Say yes :)

~~~~~

@xJOHNx.. Hey we are running oddly parallel lines I have been listening to a lot of Deadmau5 and Armin Van Buuren and older Chicane becuase it is better in the car than pure DnB for someone like me with such a heavy right-foot :) Oh now xJOHNx you cannot do better than a little steady beat in your ears for your workouts, though true, I have not heard your singing! Since my workouts are mostly chocolate-fuelled jump rope I am not so hardcore and can afford to sing.. I sing like a bird.. a crow haha.. :) Aww, I am glad you were down wit da Public Enemy.. For a kid you sure have good musical taste.. did your big brother teach you that? ;) haha.. just j/k Hey you did not give me nothing!! Well even so I want you to have this lovely London sound :) lovin this..

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
@Xue-Sheng.. Ah X-S you are bringing me back to reality haha.. So do you look good in black then? Leather frock coat, big boots, dark shades and the ability to warp walls? That kind of black? Or am I picturing a James Bond style black YSL suit with a black polo-neck sweater and smart shoes mmmmmm.. No let me see.. that music is more skinny Levis 511s and black T.. either way mmmmm.. haha.. Sorry ahem.. Back in Black was it? You think that was good? Well you ain't seen nothin yet :)
hope you like?? Say yes :)

BTO...Very cool

Actaully I am not sure I look that good at all and sadly, although it pains me to admit it...none of the above

Black sneakers, black leather jacket, black sweatshirt .... Levis yes but not 511 and not black.... sorry.... do very dark grey, almost black sunglass lenses count? I was wearing those as well this morning :D

xJOHNx

Purple Belt
Reaction score
@xJOHNx.. Hey we are running oddly parallel lines I have been listening to a lot of Deadmau5 and Armin Van Buuren and older Chicane becuase it is better in the car than pure DnB for someone like me with such a heavy right-foot :) Oh now xJOHNx you cannot do better than a little steady beat in your ears for your workouts, though true, I have not heard your singing! Since my workouts are mostly chocolate-fuelled jump rope I am not so hardcore and can afford to sing.. I sing like a bird.. a crow haha.. :) Aww, I am glad you were down wit da Public Enemy.. For a kid you sure have good musical taste.. did your big brother teach you that? ;) haha.. just j/k Hey you did not give me nothing!! Well even so I want you to have this lovely London sound :) lovin this..
Great! I'm running parallel lines with a senior who is about to retire! :)
If you have such a heavy foot, try something more relaxing, like this:
(I know, I know, it is his most famous song. But it is still gold though).

Yeah, I'm not going to use music while working out.. when I sing, it starts raining and the cats run away.. And I don't eat that much choclate, so I don't have any spare pounds to work off :)

The london sound is approved! Would love to spend some more days in London in the near future to do some vinyl hunting to add to my collection. They have some awesome stores in Soho!

Alas, I don't have a bigger brother, so I'm just finding out stuff along the way :)
Here is a little extra because I didn't give you anything in the last post. It's a bit more bizzare and stranger (and those are eufimisms).

enjoy!

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
@Xue-Sheng.. oooh nice threads :) Aww you are none of the above? Well I give you due credit for your honesty.. that is best of all! And anyways I survive with my imagination intact ;) Hey X-S where is my song????? You did not give me one.. Well here is one for you.. the original not the copy :)
Jx

~~~~

@xJOHNx
.. Now first off.. that is just plain weird.. I was pointed to Sunn O))) earlier this evening.. hmmm.. Anyways, yes that track is a mind expander! I like that kind of dark ambient though I could only listen to those sounds at certain times you know.. 11:46 on Sundays mostly haha..

Hope this does not induce a fit.. if you think it will, avert your eyes now!

Retire? Moi? One cannot retire lest one was once active in some pursuit. Me, I am idle in all pursuits. Except thinking. I burn 2000cal per day just thinking. I need chocolate to refuel. Simple first law of thermodynamics see? :) Oh yes they have some particularly good shops in Soho.. They have the best of all in Camden though! That is where I am :) And since you are nice, here is another one for your car, or your motorbike or bike or whatever you use for transport. Pony? Absolutely love this :)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
@Xue-Sheng.. oooh nice threads :) Aww you are none of the above? Well I give you due credit for your honesty.. that is best of all! And anyways I survive with my imagination intact ;) Hey X-S where is my song????? You did not give me one.. Well here is one for you.. the original not the copy :)
Jx

Sorry I forgot

Here is one for the one I missed

and one for Paul McCartney

As for how I look, rather Germanic actually, not so Bondish, sorry

Hudson69

Brown Belt
Reaction score
The group Anthrax always comes to mind when I either have a long run planned or have had a bad day.

Lyrics of note would be (from "Finally"): "I drink three six packs just so I can look at your face,........finally!

Latest Discussions