Share your greatest song or lyric???

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
This thread is now about the happiest songs you love!

This one always makes me happy. Couldn't find a clip for it on Youtube, so it's lyrics only.

Blissed - Jesus Jones
If the sun shines today
I think I'll stay here anyway
And if the world makes demands of me
Then I'll wait and see
It's at times like these
I do what I please (do what I please)
And I'm pleased to say
It's like I've always wanted to feel this way
Blissed, Blissed
When I'm going somewhere, going nowhere
Blissed, Blissed
When I'm going nowhere, going somewhere
Noone ever else could feel like this
I couldn't settle for less than this
Let the feel the air wash over me
Let the ground sink beneath my feet
And I expect so much more from today
than just a time between tomorrow and yesterday
Blissed, Blissed
Blissed, Blissed
When I'm going somewhere, going nowhere
There'll be a time when all my dreams come to an end
When I'll run out of postcards for you all to send
But I'll keep with me
All the things I feel and see
Blissed, Blissed
When i'm going somewhere, going nowhere
Blissed, Blissed

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok...here's one that is happy for me; even though it seems to be in a minor key. those wily punjabis

Last edited by a moderator:

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
Happy songs? Hmmm...AH!

Yes...this one always qaulifies in my book as a "happy" song.

"One Week" by Barenaked Ladies

It's been one week since you looked at me
Cocked your head to the side and said "I'm angry"
Five days since you laughed at me saying
"Get that together come back and see me"
Three days since the living room
I realized it's all my fault, but couldn't tell you
Yesterday you'd forgiven me
but it'll still be two days till I say I'm sorry

Hold it now and watch the hoodwink
As I make you stop, think
You'll think you're looking at Aquaman
I summon fish to the dish, although I like the Chalet Swiss
I like the sushi
'cause it's never touched a frying pan
Hot like wasabe when I bust rhymes
Big like LeAnn Rimes
Because I'm all about value
Bert Kaempfert's got the mad hits
You try to match wits, you try to hold me but I bust through
Gonna make a break and take a fake
I'd like a stinkin achin shake
I like vanilla, it's the finest of the flavours
Gotta see the show, cause then you'll know
The vertigo is gonna grow
Cause it's so dangerous,
you'll have to sign a waiver

How can I help it if I think you're funny when you're mad
Trying hard not to smile though I feel bad
I'm the kind of guy who laughs at a funeral
Can't understand what I mean?
Well, you soon will
I have a tendency to wear my mind on my sleeve
I have a history of taking off my shirt

Threw your arms in the air
and said "You're crazy"
Five days since you tackled me
I've still got the rug burns on both my knees
It's been three days since the afternoon
You realized it's not my fault
not a moment too soon
Yesterday you'd forgiven me
And now I sit back and wait til you say you're sorry

Chickity China the Chinese chicken
You have a drumstick and your brain stops tickin'
Watchin' X-Files with no lights on
We're dans la maison
I hope the Smoking Man's in this one
Like Harrison Ford I'm getting frantic
Like Sting I'm tantric
Like Snickers, guaranteed to satisfy

Like Kurasawa I make mad films
Okay, I don't make films
But if I did they'd have a Samurai
Gonna get a set a' better clubs
Gonna find the kind with tiny nubs
Just so my irons aren't always flying off the back-swing
Gotta get in tune with Sailor Moon
'Cause the cartoon has got the boom anime babes
That make me think the wrong thing

How can I help it if I think you're funny when you're mad
Tryin' hard not to smile though I feel bad
I'm the kind of guy who laughs at a funeral
Can't understand what I mean?
Well, you soon will
I have a tendency to wear my mind on my sleeve
I have a history of losing my shirt

Dropped your arms to your sides
and said "I'm sorry"
Five days since I laughed at you and said
"You just did just what I thought you were gonna do"
Three days since the living room
We realized we're both to blame,
but what could we do?
Yesterday you just smiled at me
Cause it'll still be two days till we say we're sorry

It'll still be two days till we say we're sorry
It'll still be two days till we say we're sorry
Birchmount Stadium, home of the Robbie

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I like all your happy songs :) Thank you!

@Chris Parker now the Velvety Revolvers did a cover of something that I cannot remember at all only I remember it was better than the original.. I am sure you would know better what I am talking bout maybe! Help I need an interpreter!

@CoryKS that is a great song from a great band wow I am impressed that you know of them? Surprised too that particular song is one of your happy ones, it is a very trancey song to me. I think these things are very subjective though.. Thank you!

@OnlyAnEgg, hey is that really a happy song for you? I have to say some happy songs are plainly in the ear of the beholder? Hmm wiley punjabis indeed: they compose a splendid curry for sure. I think India has some of the most beautiful women

@celtic_crippler, yes good song also.. Think that was a bit lightweight for you. I was thinking more, um..

Oh I could just post up any ol crap since nobody gives a **** and anyway here y'are this is my happy song pffft..

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The other day I had to load two crates of CDs into storage and I was shocked at how heavy they were! If it was boxes of Mahler or Skinny Puppy I could understand, but I usually listen to lighter fare. :uhyeah:

In any case, this doesn't come from my own collection. I just discovered it thanks to Pandora. It's Garnet Rogers:

Small Victory

You've no business buying a mare like that, but buy her if you must."
He bit the end off his cigar and spat it in the dust.
"She's old and lame and barren, too
She's not worth feed and hay
But I'll give you this," - he blew smoke at me -
"She was something in her day."
"I recall her well ten years ago; she was a winner in her prime.
She was fast and lean and willing, but they raced her past her time.
And though she had the heart, her legs were gone,
And it wasn't hard to see, they kept her at it
In the hopes of just one more small victory."

"She was shunted Œround from track to track, from Kentucky up to Maine.
They'd run her in cheap claimers, all doped up to mask her pain.
And it it's my advice you ant I'd say, the poor thing's had her day
You'd be throwing good cash after bad. It's best you turn away."

Well they led her Œround the auction shed, and the bidding started low.
"She'll go for dog food," someone said, "the market's been that slow."
But she raised her head and pricked her ears, and before the hammer fell,
She was mine.
My friend turned Œround to me "You're soft-headed I can tell."
But she's been shoved from pillar to post," said I, "And always done her best.
They used her up, they wrung her dry; you'd think she'd earned a rest.
So if she does not naught but end her days beneath some shady tree,
I'll have saved her from the knacker's yard, and that's enough for me."

Well, that was near two years ago, she's filled out some since then.
The more so since she's been in foal, she eats enough for ten.
And this morn as I crept to the barn around Œbout half past three,
There stood nursing on still trembling legs, one more small victory.
Never underestimate the power of a small act of compassion.

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
@CoryKS that is a great song from a great band wow I am impressed that you know of them? Surprised too that particular song is one of your happy ones, it is a very trancey song to me. I think these things are very subjective though.. Thank you!

They're not really obscure, they were touted as the Next Big Thing over here back in the early nineties and then they just... disappeared. But I have their first 3 cds and still listen to them rather frequently. Another band that did that was Stone Roses, I think they got caught up in fighting with their label and missed their window of opportunity. Still, great cd. I read that Ian Brown is going to form a band with Johnny Marr, that could be worth a listen. Which brings me to this:

Oh I could just post up any ol crap since nobody gives a **** and anyway here y'are this is my happy song pffft..

********. ;) We give a **** and you can do happier, I think. Though I do get a chuckle out of the way Morrissey puts grim lyrics over Marr's bouncy tunes. Especially this one. :rofl:

Or this little happy(?) tune from a funny band.

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The other day I had to load two crates of CDs into storage and I was shocked at how heavy they were! If it was boxes of Mahler or Skinny Puppy I could understand, but I usually listen to lighter fare. :uhyeah:

In any case, this doesn't come from my own collection. I just discovered it thanks to Pandora. It's Garnet Rogers:

Never underestimate the power of a small act of compassion.
Exactly so, the altruists are few I think. How often they are known only after they have gone..

I once knew a removal guy who slipped a disk on a box of Berlioz and two small packs of Bruckner. Heed the safety signs missy, look.. If it Ain't Shakira, Use the Hydraulic Lift! :)

Dear Flea I could not begin to guess your tastes I would just like it if I could share this. It always teases an odd optimism from me despite the darker thematic underpainting of the song. Hope you like maybe :) Jenna x

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
They're not really obscure, they were touted as the Next Big Thing over here back in the early nineties and then they just... disappeared. But I have their first 3 cds and still listen to them rather frequently. Another band that did that was Stone Roses, I think they got caught up in fighting with their label and missed their window of opportunity. Still, great cd. I read that Ian Brown is going to form a band with Johnny Marr, that could be worth a listen. Which brings me to this:

********. ;) We give a **** and you can do happier, I think. Though I do get a chuckle out of the way Morrissey puts grim lyrics over Marr's bouncy tunes. Especially this one. :rofl:

Or this little happy(?) tune from a funny band.

I am more impressed with every post you make sir.. you are just rhyming off all my favourite bands here..and the Aquabats [though I had not heard of them] just cheered me up no end today.. Johnny Marr and Ian Brown I had not heard neither.. Saw Johnny just last week talking up his collaboration with The Cribs now he is supposedly taking a break from Modest Mouse?? Not heard bout him and the monkey boy getting together though - take somebody to keep Brown in tune haha. The Stone Roses will always have a place in my heart. Those were my halcyon days I think.. You know you deserve nothing less that one of the best lyrics I could think of by the aforementioned Cribs, with Lee Ranaldo you know from out of Sonic Youth? This song pulls me apart in a million ways and I do not really know why. The video poster's lyrics are a little out, bless.. so even though I do not like to post a whole crapload of lyrics, this is an exception [and to me at least, exceptional, wow] so I post them all here - and they are ALL CORRECT!! I typed them myself!! Pffft.. This is so good I could live off its fumes alone. I can think of nothing better to give you. Jenna x

One of those ******* awful black days when nothing is pleasing and everything that happens is an excuse for anger: an outlet for emotions stockpiled, an arsenal, an armour.
These are the days when I hate the world; hate the rich; hate the happy; hate the complacent: the TV watchers, beer drinkers, the satisfied ones. Because I know I can be all of those little hateful things and then I hate myself for realising that.
There's no preventative, directive or safe approach for living.
We each know our own fate. {be safe}
We know from our youth how to be treated; how we'll be received; how we shall end.
These things don't change.
You can change your clothes; change your hairstyle, your friends, cities, continents. But sooner or later your own self will always catch up; always it waits in the wings.

Ideas swirl but don't stick. They appear but then run off like rain on the windshield.

One of those rainy day car rides. My head implodes, the atmosphere in this car a mirror of my skull: wet, damp.
Windows dripping and misted with cold. Walls of grey. Nothing good on the radio, not a thought in my head.

I know a place we can go where you'll fall in love so hard that you'll wish you were dead.

Lets take life and slow it down incredibly slow: frame by frame with two minutes that take ten years to live out. Yeah, lets do that.

Telephone poles like praying mantis against the sky, metal arms outstretched.
So much land travelled so little sense made of it.
It doesn't mean a thing all this land laid out behind us.
I'd like to take off into these woods and get good and lost for a while.
I'm disgusted with petty concerns; parking tickets, breakfast specials. Does someone just have to carry this weight?
Abstract typography, methane covenant, linear gospel, Nashville sales lady, Stygian Emissary, torturous lice, mad Elizabeth.

Chemotherapy ********.

The light within you shines like a diamond mine, like an unarmed walrus, like a dead man face down on the highway, like a snake eating its own tail, steam turbine, frog pond, two full closets burst open in disarray, soap bubbles in the sun, hospital death bed, red convertible, shopping list, blowjob, deaths head, devils dancing, bleached white buildings, memory movements, the movie unpeeling, unreeling, about to begin.

I've seen your hallway, you're a darn call away.
I've hear your stairs creak.
I can fix my mind on your "yes", and your "no"
I'll film your face today in the sparkling canals, all red, yellow, blue, green brilliance and silvered Dutch reflection
Racing thoughts, racing thoughts, all too real, you're moving so fast now I cant hold your image.
This image I have of your face by the window, me standing beside you arm on your shoulder.
A catalogue of images, flashing glimpses then gone again.
I'm tethered to this post you've sunk in me and every clear afternoon now I'll think of you up in the air twisting your heel, your knees up around me, my face in your hair
You scream so well, your smile so loud it still rings in my ears.

Inhibition: distant, tired of longing. Cleaning my teeth, stay the course, hold the wheel, steer on to freedom.
Open all the boxes. Open all the boxes. Open all the boxes. Open ALL the boxes!

Times Square, midday. Newspaper buildings, news headlines going around, you watch as they go, and hope for some good ones.
Those tree shadows in the park they're all whispering chasing leaves, around six pm, shadows across the cobblestones.
Girl in front of bathroom mirror as she slowly and carefully and paints her face green, mask-like, Matisse "Portrait with Green Stripe"
Long shot through apartment window, a monologue on top but no girl in shot.
The light within me shines like a diamond mine, like an unarmed walrus, like a dead man face down on the highway, like a snake eating its own tail.
A steam turbine, frog pond, two full closets burst open in disarray, soap bubbles in the sun, hospital death bed, red convertible, shopping list,
blowjob, death's head, devils dancing, bleached white buildings, memory movements.
The movie unreeling, about to begin..

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
I like all your happy songs :) Thank you!

@celtic_crippler, yes good song also.. Think that was a bit lightweight for you. I was thinking more, um..

ROFL :lfao: That's awesome! I can't believe you picked that one for me because me and my sister used to sing that together when I was a kid. She would do the "Doo-Doo's" and I would do the "Munum-a-num's." Brought back a good memory...Thanks!

Most often if I want to listen to something to get me in a good mood I'll resort to my collection of ska music and skank around for a bit. That's a sure-fire method to make you smile.
Learn to skank LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E_g6TvEi9o&feature=related
"Hate" by Skankin' Pickle
Hate-that guy he looked at me
Hate-that guy is acting funny
Hate-that guy ain't B or W!
Hate-and I'll get back at them somehow.
What does it mean to hate
now everybody hates something true? TRUE!
But to alleviate the hate is what I'm trying to achieve
take time to react in a different way is what I'm trying to say
What does it mean to hate Mr. Chinese, Japanese, Blackanese, Bonganese?
Hate is the ignorance that I don't understand
Hate is the enemy and I'm Jackie Chan
I keep on thinking that I'm not wrong
but I keep talking bout hate
Hate what does it do to me
make me go insane like Mr. Jack LeLane
What you do?
What you do? and that's not for me
I don't understand now things that I see!

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
@Chris Parker, Oh, um, that kind of happy song? *scratches head* Oh and but the follow on video bout Jonathan Davis being gay was just too funny that got a big smile! Best KoRn ever was Hollow Life, the unplugged version is simply beautiful.. I would post the link and but I cannot be arsed see.. I am lazy.. so if you are not going to give up a proper happy one then nor am I to you back haha..

~~~~~

@celtic_crippler oh boy I am SO glad I pitched that accurately I can totally picture you and your sister LOLs.. and yes thank you for sharing your memory I am grateful to you :)

haha oh man I needed that "Learn to skank" haha.. like a deadpan physics lecturer illuminating the mechanics of da ruud bwoi dancing lols.. Skankin Pickle eh? Man your tastes are more varied than I had thought!! :) oh thank you so much you are so right, the ska beat is a happy beat. I had not realised how much the style reminded me of here where I live. I would hear this one in local shops all the time without realising.. I love these really old ones :)

~~~~~

Cannot even think of a happy song cept maybe this and because it makes me think sometimes it is not all grim to be in London..

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
@celtic_crippler oh boy I am SO glad I pitched that accurately I can totally picture you and your sister LOLs.. and yes thank you for sharing your memory I am grateful to you :)

haha oh man I needed that "Learn to skank" haha.. like a deadpan physics lecturer illuminating the mechanics of da ruud bwoi dancing lols.. Skankin Pickle eh? Man your tastes are more varied than I had thought!! :) oh thank you so much you are so right, the ska beat is a happy beat. I had not realised how much the style reminded me of here where I live. I would hear this one in local shops all the time without realising.. I love these really old ones :)

~~~~~

Cannot even think of a happy song cept maybe this and because it makes me think sometimes it is not all grim to be in London..

Oh hell yeah! I love the Specials! "Message to Rudy" is a great song to skank to. lol

Ghost Town is my favorite by the Specials. The chorus is silly and I'll walk around for hours just going "Laa-la-la-la-laaa-la-la-laaa-la-la-laaaa." LOL

It was featured in the move "Snatch"...great movie...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8294858.stm

BTW...The Kinks are awesome too! :)

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am more impressed with every post you make sir.. you are just rhyming off all my favourite bands here..and the Aquabats [though I had not heard of them] just cheered me up no end today.. Johnny Marr and Ian Brown I had not heard neither.. Saw Johnny just last week talking up his collaboration with The Cribs now he is supposedly taking a break from Modest Mouse?? Not heard bout him and the monkey boy getting together though - take somebody to keep Brown in tune haha. The Stone Roses will always have a place in my heart. Those were my halcyon days I think.. You know you deserve nothing less that one of the best lyrics I could think of by the aforementioned Cribs, with Lee Ranaldo you know from out of Sonic Youth? This song pulls me apart in a million ways and I do not really know why. The video poster's lyrics are a little out, bless.. so even though I do not like to post a whole crapload of lyrics, this is an exception [and to me at least, exceptional, wow] so I post them all here - and they are ALL CORRECT!! I typed them myself!! Pffft.. This is so good I could live off its fumes alone. I can think of nothing better to give you. Jenna x

*snip*

Ooh yeah, open ALL the boxes! LOL, me likey. ;) Wow, I hadn't heard this band before. I like their sound. Doesn't seem like a very happy tune, at least not until "I'm tethered to...", but maybe I need to hear it a few more times to let it sink in.

Since we're doing happy and we're now doing ska, Ima throw in some happy ska. One more from the Aquabats: Super Rad. Yeah, they're goofy. It's like watching Devo play ska. A bit of trivia: their drummer at the time was Travis Barker, who left to join Blink 182.

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
@Chris Parker, Oh, um, that kind of happy song? *scratches head* Oh and but the follow on video bout Jonathan Davis being gay was just too funny that got a big smile! Best KoRn ever was Hollow Life, the unplugged version is simply beautiful.. I would post the link and but I cannot be arsed see.. I am lazy.. so if you are not going to give up a proper happy one then nor am I to you back haha.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIDeUssDFE0

My dearest J, you have once again taken true aim and fired, piercing thru' to the very heart of another... my favourite Cure song of all time! Brilliant, love it, I think I'll go and listen again.... okay, that was fun. Once more, though, I think.... Yep, still love it! One more time... Ha, I could do this all night!

Okay, okay, I'll stay long enough to give you a reply. You wanted happy? I'll give you happy... but with a Violent twist...

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
@celtic_crippler, hey Ghost Town is so wonderfully haunting and eerie it goes so well with the dark nights walking home over grim streets I think. Oh "Snatch" is pretty cool though I am no fan of Mr Ritchie he is one of the people we took in his vehicle to tune.. you know, he is what you might call Obnoxious [yes that deserves a capital "O" in his case haha].. Hey do you see you have posted up one of your web surfing links too I think.. man I am glad it was clean at least haha.. Oh can I give you just one more ska please??? I had forgotten I even had all these on itunes and but you have reminded me and given me a smile that I have not had and so just one more, yes? Please can I? haha..

~~~~~~

@CoryKS Oh boy I feel the wrath of the SuperRad from here.. how could I not? haha.. You guys like some crazy music and but thank you for sharing this is an education LOLs .. You mentioned Devo like the "Whip It" Devo?? scuse my ignorance that is the Devo I would have heard of?? That was a funny song too I remember.. Glad you liked The Cribs the rest of their stuff is not so like that I think.. that one was special.. Oh you would let me give you one back then?? I thought of these guys and maybe you would know?? I would play their songs almost always in the car [it makes the car go even faster you know!! haha]. Their stuff draws upon a lot of old 1950s scifi hokum and the vids too.. Hope you like.. You try it in your car too and see bout that max speed afterwards haha.. Short n sweet freaky scifi surf rock [uploader needs to go curb their bass I think!], still great music hope you likey

~~~~~~

@Chris Parker aww thank you for that you are a poor thing yes your happy songs are all twisty and that is no good for you here I would give to you a proper song to pump your hormones this is the one that used to give all the little drunken dancefloor tinkiewinkies an extra ounce of courage to come over and get all kissy haha.. pffft.. I just love this beat it makes me happy it reminds me of when we used to go into town and tease people who were good for it haha.. so you listen to this then I promise it will make your testosterone flow if you are lagging behind your day ..
bet you do not even listen bah! Put it to LOUD! Plus I am imposing sanctions and not giving you no more thanks until I see you have thanked somebody in your forums who has said something clever to you [not me] see? Hmm

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
@celtic_crippler, hey Ghost Town is so wonderfully haunting and eerie it goes so well with the dark nights walking home over grim streets I think. Oh "Snatch" is pretty cool though I am no fan of Mr Ritchie he is one of the people we took in his vehicle to tune.. you know, he is what you might call Obnoxious [yes that deserves a capital "O" in his case haha].. Hey do you see you have posted up one of your web surfing links too I think.. man I am glad it was clean at least haha.. Oh can I give you just one more ska please??? I had forgotten I even had all these on itunes and but you have reminded me and given me a smile that I have not had and so just one more, yes? Please can I? haha..

Bad Manners...lol...you got me skankin' 'round my office. :headbangin:(we need a skankin' smiley..lol)

Glad I gave you a smile, it was my pleasure. :)

I see you like a little punk too...(The Cribs)... what I really love is when punk meets ska! Now that'll get you out your chair!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9zIFfE8IkU&feature=PlayList&p=8F9F3A51E46C4FA2&index=1
Sound system gonna bring me back up
One thing that I can depend on
Try to describe to the limit of my ability:
Its there for a second
Then it's given up what it used to be
Contained in music somehow more than just sound
This inspiration coming and twisting things around

Ruby's heart ain't beatin cause she knows the feelin' is gone
she's not the only one who knew there's somethin' wrong
her lover's in the distance as she wipes a tear from her eye
ruby's fading out, she disappears, it's time, time to say goodbye

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
...in a mood...

Some sound advice from Mr. Frank Zappa

Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow.

GREAT GOOGLY-MOOGLY!

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Bad Manners...lol...you got me skankin' 'round my office. :headbangin:(we need a skankin' smiley..lol)

Glad I gave you a smile, it was my pleasure. :)

I see you like a little punk too...(The Cribs)... what I really love is when punk meets ska! Now that'll get you out your chair!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9zIFfE8IkU&feature=PlayList&p=8F9F3A51E46C4FA2&index=1

Oh wow yes THAT is what I am talking bout!! Good! Oh I am enjoying those!! And but goodness you do not be skankin in your office, your secretary will be grassing you up to the big boss haha.. Back to your work [you still working? 11:20 here, I wonder what hour was it there??] Zappa song is wonderful too, minds me of Herbie Hancock.. well besides doggie weewee haha.. how do you know so many different genres? I am impressed indeed!! Oh Rancid is brilliant too see now then I made this connection because Rancid do a pretty good cover of this..
Not ska and but I just love this song too. And NO MORE skanking in your office mister.. they are getting plaster on their ribbons in the typing pool in the floor down below haha.. Hey thank you for all this I am very grateful you know!! Jenna x

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh wow yes THAT is what I am talking bout!! Good! Oh I am enjoying those!! And but goodness you do not be skankin in your office, your secretary will be grassing you up to the big boss haha.. Back to your work [you still working? 11:20 here, I wonder what hour was it there??] Zappa song is wonderful too, minds me of Herbie Hancock.. well besides doggie weewee haha.. how do you know so many different genres? I am impressed indeed!! Oh Rancid is brilliant too see now then I made this connection because Rancid do a pretty good cover of this..
Not ska and but I just love this song too. And NO MORE skanking in your office mister.. they are getting plaster on their ribbons in the typing pool in the floor down below haha.. Hey thank you for all this I am very grateful you know!! Jenna x

That's-a-very-niiice... Now I want to go jump in a pit and mosh! LOL

Reminds me of my mis-spent younger teens...I was quite a punk LOL. Remind me to tell you my "Black Flag" story.

I don't know how I got into so many different genres... I do have a short attention span and must be constantly entertained..LOL.. so that may have something to do with it. Unlike my peers who still are stuck listening to the same stuff over and over I'm always looking for something new to listen too...something that will illicit emotion...

My relatives are all hicks and musicians... So I grew up listening to country when I was around them...George Jones, Willie and Waylen... Johnny Cash .. Hank Williams...

My Grandfather was actually a Blue Grass musician...and recording artist. That's right... I know all the words to "Mountain Dew" lol. He played banjo and harmonica...Interesting tid-bit...did you know Blue Grass evolved from old Irish folk songs? The Irish that settled in the Kenucky hills came over during the Great Potato Famine... my ancestors if you will. :) ...and now you know part of the origin of my nick name.

My older sister was a huge Beatle fan...has all the albums. She was also into different music...wierd... and had a wide range of tastes. As she is a major influence in my life that's probably part of it. If it weren't for her I probably wouldn't like the Moody Blues or the Doobie Brothers either.

My mom's brother played just about every instrument on the planet but the tumpet was his favorite so I was exposed to Big Band music a lot growing up (he was my favorite uncle.)

I've always like the harder stuff personally...rock, metal, punk...so I guess that's just personal taste...

One of my very dear close friends in high school was extrememly talented. He actually held 1st chair for basoon in the Charlotte Symphany Orchestra as senior in high school! So...there's some classical influence... he liked to play jazz piano too and at the time I played bass so we would jam...

I guess I was just exposed to a lot growing up and I also expanded my influence by taking Music Appreciation in college.

...so there you go! A bried history of me in relation to music! :)

Now...since this thread is about music and lyrics I suppose I must post something...hmmm...we still on punk/alternative?

Here's my favorite song by the Hoodoo Gurus

(Hey!)

I was a was a kamikaze pilot
They gave me a plane
I couldn't fly it
Taught how to take off
I don't know how to land
They say it doesn't matter and I just cannot understand
I was a kamikaze pilot
They gave me a plane
I couldn`t fly it home

Left my happy homeland in a Zero
I got engine trouble so I couldn t be a hero
(Do you think I care?)
Now I ll keep my two feet on the ground
Cause when you're in the clouds
Everybody tries to shoot you down
I was a kamikaze pilot
They gave me a plane
I couldn't fly it home
I couldn't fly it home
(I gotta go)

(Oh yeah)
On an island there ain't too much to do
Look after number one because I think I can see
Lee Marvin chasing after you
Take me, wake me
Tell me when it's over
I've been waiting for years
I can't live off the doe
No, no, no no no
Not for you

I was a kamikaze pilot
They gave me a plane
I couldn't fly it home
I couldn't fly it home
I couldn't fly it home

I was a was kamikaze (Uh, uh, uh)
I was (I was)
I was (I was)
I was (I was)
Uh uh uh
Uh uh uh

Cherry blossoms falling down
Uh oh, better luck, hey!

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
That's-a-very-niiice... Now I want to go jump in a pit and mosh! LOL

Reminds me of my mis-spent younger teens...I was quite a punk LOL. Remind me to tell you my "Black Flag" story.

I don't know how I got into so many different genres... I do have a short attention span and must be constantly entertained..LOL.. so that may have something to do with it. Unlike my peers who still are stuck listening to the same stuff over and over I'm always looking for something new to listen too...something that will illicit emotion...

My relatives are all hicks and musicians... So I grew up listening to country when I was around them...George Jones, Willie and Waylen... Johnny Cash .. Hank Williams...

My Grandfather was actually a Blue Grass musician...and recording artist. That's right... I know all the words to "Mountain Dew" lol. He played banjo and harmonica...Interesting tid-bit...did you know Blue Grass evolved from old Irish folk songs? The Irish that settled in the Kenucky hills came over during the Great Potato Famine... my ancestors if you will. :) ...and now you know part of the origin of my nick name.

My older sister was a huge Beatle fan...has all the albums. She was also into different music...wierd... and had a wide range of tastes. As she is a major influence in my life that's probably part of it. If it weren't for her I probably wouldn't like the Moody Blues or the Doobie Brothers either.

My mom's brother played just about every instrument on the planet but the tumpet was his favorite so I was exposed to Big Band music a lot growing up (he was my favorite uncle.)

I've always like the harder stuff personally...rock, metal, punk...so I guess that's just personal taste...

One of my very dear close friends in high school was extrememly talented. He actually held 1st chair for basoon in the Charlotte Symphany Orchestra as senior in high school! So...there's some classical influence... he liked to play jazz piano too and at the time I played bass so we would jam...

I guess I was just exposed to a lot growing up and I also expanded my influence by taking Music Appreciation in college.

...so there you go! A bried history of me in relation to music! :)

Now...since this thread is about music and lyrics I suppose I must post something...hmmm...we still on punk/alternative?

Here's my favorite song by the Hoodoo Gurus
Haha oh that is a brilliant reason for liking lots of genres that you have a short attention span LOLs.. I totally agree and have friends still into the same tunes that passed for something like 15-20yr ago.. I am with you, there is too much good new stuff to ignore it. I am not saying the old ones are not good no sir and but how wonderful to widen our musical tastes, you have hit the nail with one blow saying it is about eliciting emotion. True dat! I think if I do not FEEL anything with a piece of music then it is not for me..

That is a fantastic story of your influences.. Bluegrass from Irish folk? really? That is cool oh I know all you Americans treasure your Irish roots and so you should, it is a super place, have you been? I was in Dublin over the summer, very cool city, young people, very vibrant and friendly to us they were.. sorry that is rambling..

And no ways you like Moody Blues? See I had taken you for a mosher plain and simple.. I love to know people whose tastes are not restricted. I cannot appreciate that someone likes a genre to the exclusion of all others. That does not make sense to me. I can say hand-on-heart there is not a genre I would not at least try and because there can be something there to elicit that emotional, head-nodding response as you said.

Oh thank you for sharing I am very grateful to know bout your history thank you! And the song is real good ol fashioned RnR!! Guy sounds Australian? I am guessing by the look of them they have been around the block and back?? That is a great lyric.. Taught how to take off, I don't know how to land.. I like that oh yes haha..

Oh I want to share this with you if that is ok??? I am all ambivalent bout this it was what I brought on my little CD player first time I ran away
I have not heard them in ages. I worry it is a little too soft for you maybes and you would not listen and but I will cross my fingers that you like :) Jenna x

Latest Discussions