Self-Discipline Test

SenseiMattKlein

White Belt
Reaction score
While sitting at your desk, raise your right foot and make clockwise circles with it. Now, with your right hand, trace the number '6' in air with your index finger. Your foot will begin to rotate counter-clockwise and there is nothing you can do about it.
Think you just discovered the cure for Alzheimer's! Rewire your brain.

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you want to be able to do this you simply need a drill, a long drill bit, a map of the human brain, a couple of friends and a case of beer. I'll post the rest of the process later...

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
I think this is associated with a person's balance perception-if you lay down on your back, and raise your foot so that it's above you're head, you can do this fairly easily. It takes a little more work just doing it with your eyes closed, but if you're not looking at the foot, ultimately it can be done.......kudos to Georgia for overcoming her body/brain programming!

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
What I would like to know is how this exact combination of movements was ever found to be connected to begin with. Why not the number 2 or the number 5?

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think this is associated with a person's balance perception-if you lay down on your back, and raise your foot so that it's above you're head, you can do this fairly easily. It takes a little more work just doing it with your eyes closed, but if you're not looking at the foot, ultimately it can be done.......kudos to Georgia for overcoming her body/brain programming!

I'm able to do this sitting, standing, lying down. It's a focus thing. You start slow, but once you program it, it should be easier each time. Perhaps I grow white matter quicker than others. :idunno:

Latest Discussions