Self Defense Equipment for the Ladies in your lives...

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have gotten my wife several thing over the years, a .357 which she loves to shoot, but isn't comfortable carrying. Some pepper spray, while she carried it, she doubted the effectivness of straight pepper spray. I just picked her up some Sabre spray which is a combination of CS (tear gas) and Pepper with an ultraviolet dye as well. She is more comfortable with a combination spray and actually keeps it with her. After they started training, my 2 oldest insisted they get Mom a Kubaton as well.

They best self-Defense item I have gotten her though is signed up to train, and learn how to avoid a situation as best as she can, and if nothing can be done to avoid it, how to fight back effectivly using what she has avalable. She is also expressed an intrest in obtaining her CCW permit so she can carry my small .380 when she is out running by herself.

Monadnock

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
The best thing anyone could use first is an "aware mind." Knowing how to travel safely is the best defense. I'd wager that most situations are just plain avoided with proper mindset and being safe. Male or female, if there is a predator stalking you, they'll take full advantage of the right time and place. So don't be there.

Sticks, keys, knives and guns are only good if you can get to them. Chances are, you won't.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The best thing anyone could use first is an "aware mind." Knowing how to travel safely is the best defense. I'd wager that most situations are just plain avoided with proper mindset and being safe. Male or female, if there is a predator stalking you, they'll take full advantage of the right time and place. So don't be there.

Probably the most important part of personal protection...Good Post..

Latest Discussions