Seigs house goin up!

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
At this point, we have to install some clips on the electric meter, hang two shutters, align one bi-fold door, and fix the shed doors. Other than waiting for the plummers to do their thing, that is all we have left. We are supposed to be going to final inspection between March 15-17. Then we start moving provided everything goes off without a hitch.

OP
Goldendragon7

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Are all the other houses done as well...... or did they make adjustments for the ones that have been waiting and working for 3 years now....LOL

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
These pics are a couple weeks old.. since taken, we've gotten all done inside.. ready for inspection.
The appliances need to be installed, plumbing is this week, toilets, faucets.. I installed the bathroom vanities last weekend, and we're pretty set.. Excavators coming next week to final grade.. woohoo.. Can't wait.. it's been a loooong haul.

Kitchen shots.. we've added the backsplash, the dishwasher has arrived and waiting on appliances. all black ones I chose.
Still need to install the last 2 shutters on the front windows.. the rubbish men took them away with all the construction debris.. got them back .. good thing~!

Attachments

• $Kitchen1.jpg
    $Kitchen1.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 144
  • $Kitchen4.jpg
    $Kitchen4.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 122
  • $kitchenfloor.jpg
    $kitchenfloor.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 125
  • $outside_shed.jpg
    $outside_shed.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 124
  • $LR.jpg
    $LR.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 126

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well we finally finished~!!

These pics are a couple weeks old but you get the idea :)

Tomorrow is closing~!!! Final walkthrough and inspection.

Final grading and county inspection passed friday last and we can't be more excited~!!

Hopefully if all goes as planned we will start moving stuff in Wed. night and be living there by Friday ~!

I'll be sure to take some more pics soon.

The stove hood is installed now and that's one of the bathroom sinks ;)

Attachments

• $kitchenappliances.jpg
    $kitchenappliances.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 128
  • $guestsink3-15.jpg
    $guestsink3-15.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 101

FUZZYJ692000

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Mike and Tess

I'm sooooo happy to see that your all's house is done and you'll be moving in this week. I bet you all are so excited. it looks absolutely wonderful and i love the wood floors....something for sadie to slide on when she gets all excited and starts running....lol

thanks for the email letting me know you're moving...i'm actually interviewing for another job in VA. i just keep getting further and further away....alex is applying for a school in parkersburg. who would have thought he's actually excited about wanting to go to this college.

any how miss you all. congrats on the moving

jani

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks Jani :)

We're all moved in, though far from unpacked and organized.. and we had a tragic loss this past Wednesday.. Sadie, our black lab, passed away.. we're not sure what happened, she had a history of Epilepsy, but for the last month she's been moping around.. figured it was depression and all from the packing and unrest. We brought her up here Friday, and I gave her a bath outside, she seemed ok.. except she was favoring her back left leg.. it started trembling and she started falling down. She wanted to drink water and not really eat her food.. she vomited anything she ate or drank and we quickly made a vets appt.. by Tuesday, she no longer could walk and quietly went in her sleep by early Wed. morning.. We are pretty devastated and gave her a pretty spot under some trees out in the back meadow..I'm thinking it was diabetes that we didn't know she had.. all happened so fast.. She will be missed..

Mr. Conatser came into town last night, we were on our way to the school, and the truck died.. goodness.. what next.. so luckily our friend Randy was headed to class, turned around and came and got us.. we arrived at the same time as Mr. C. and Leon.. had a good class and home by 11.. Today Michael is out and about with Randy's car to get the Sable back on the road.. it needs new tires and insurance.. course it's pouring down rain right now.. go figure..

Anyhoo, we are happy to be moved in and with our daughter, Domini, here with us, she's a very big help :)

Will post new pics as I get them.

~Tess

FUZZYJ692000

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Well i was excited this weekend. I got to get some time and ran myself up to finally see Mike, Tess, their daughter and of course their wonderful new house. it's way way way back in the woods which mike probably loves cause he'll be able to go hunting out the bedroom window ;) it's on about 3 acres and a lot of it's wooded, which means plenty of wildlife and not so much grass cutting. tess was out fiddling with her garden which was so pretty. i could tell that they were sooo happy to be in their home and like tess said she impressed herself and was way happy because they built it with their own 2 paws and it was all their own. and i was happy to see it happen for them

Latest Discussions