Search Engine Help

Catalyst

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I'm trying to find if there is any information, in old posts, on the United Taekwondo Association.

Is there a way with the Search Engine to get an exact match on the term you are searching for? I've tried United Taekwondo Association with quotes and it's not giving me the search results for that exact phrase.

I know there's some kind of trick to it, but I just not familiar with it.

Any help with the search engine would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks !!!

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Is there a way with the Search Engine to get an exact match on the term you are searching for? I've tried United Taekwondo Association with quotes and it's not giving me the search results for that exact phrase.

The vBulletin search engine is really not that great, phrase searches don't work.

You can however use google and restrict results to a given domain (martialtalk.com) like so:

"United Taekwondo Association" site:martialtalk.com

Nothing turns up though.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm trying to find if there is any information, in old posts, on the United Taekwondo Association.

I know there's some kind of trick to it, but I just not familiar with it.

Any help with the search engine would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks !!!

The other possibility, of course, is that people listed UTA but not United Taekwondo Association, in which case you'd never find anything looking for United Taekwondo Association. You might also try variations on Taekwondo such as TKD, Taekwon-do, TaeKwon-Do, etc.

OP
Catalyst

Catalyst

Blue Belt
Reaction score
The vBulletin search engine is really not that great, phrase searches don't work.

That's good info to know - Thanks !!.

You can however use google and restrict results to a given domain (martialtalk.com) like so:

"United Taekwondo Association" site:martialtalk.com

This is a really neat trick - Thanks !!

The other possibility, of course, is that people listed UTA but not United Taekwondo Association, in which case you'd never find anything looking for United Taekwondo Association. You might also try variations on Taekwondo such as TKD, Taekwon-do, TaeKwon-Do, etc.

Nice tip about trying abbreviations, different variations - Thanks !!