screen image INVERTED, what do I do??

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
My daughter was on the computer and while she was playing a game the entire screen inverted. I ran "Norton" and it did nothing. I've turned it off and on again, nothing.
WHat do I do??
Thanks

Your Brother
John

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score
Is it inverted mirror image or upside down?

Alt + Ctrl + up or down or left or Right Key (or up, down) will fix the problem on some computers. (XP version)

Or Check the properties file for your graphics card. There may be an option for rotation, normal.

I

Kenpodoc

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
HKphooey said:

Alt + Ctrl + up or down or left or Right Key (or up, down) will fix the problem on some computers. (XP version)

Or Check the properties file for your graphics card. There may be an option for rotation, normal.

I
Wow, that's fun.

Jeff

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Brother John said:
My daughter was on the computer and while she was playing a game the entire screen inverted. I ran "Norton" and it did nothing. I've turned it off and on again, nothing.
WHat do I do??
Rotate the monitor 180 degrees. Problem solved.

:uhyeah:

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A lot of times, the power supply built into the monitor can start to die, resulting in distorted, or yes, even inverted images in *some* resolutions. Usually, 640x480 is the first one to go.

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score
Kenpodoc said:
Wow, that's fun.

Jeff

We have fun with a people here at work when they go on vacation! :) To make the joke even better and stumble the help desk, take the images they have for their desktop, inverted it, then save it (so it looks right side up when the rest of the system is upside down). :)

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
HKphooey said:

I

lol - yes, this is a fun trick to play on people at work :D

Only works with certain graphics cards though.

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bigshadow said:
Spoken like an experienced professional! :uhyeah:
Yeah, but professional what is the question... :lol:

Random trivia in honor of my 1985th post: 1985 - Martial Talk fixture Kreth graduates from West Bum**** HS with a Regents Diploma (Amateur Gynecology major).

Latest Discussions